29

I explain everything that I saw and heard from Lex. Mrs. Walker was listening to me the whole time. I could see in her eyes that she was mad but she was also feeling sad and disappointed at the same time.

Mrs. Walker is one of the best mom ever. She understands everything even if it's something bad. Of course, sometimes she must be a little annoying like every mom in this world but she's really nice. Lex is really lucky to have a mother like hers.

But her father was... special. Yes, he was a nice man but he was also an alcoholic. Lexie told me many times that she didn't want to be at her house because her dad was always drunk and she didn't like it seeing him like that. She used to always be at my place because of that. He died in a car accident because he was drunk. He was coming back from the bar and I guess he lost control and crashed into the bridge... Even if her father wasn't often himself, Lex still loved him very much.

When she got the news of her father's death, we were at a party. She was drunk and thought it was a joke at first. I wasn't drunk because I don't drink so Mrs. Walker called me after to tell the news. She was crying on the phone and she asked me if I could bring Lex at my house because she didn't want to deal with her drunk daughter. Like, her husband just died because he was drunk.

We went to my house and I started to cry a little. I knew Marc (Lex's father) and he didn't deserve that. He was a really nice and funny man.

When Lex woke up the next morning, she was hangover and her head was hurting her so bad she couldn't really talk. When she was a little better she came downstairs.

"I'm so sorry. I was so drunk yesterday..." She said rubbing her eyes. "I had a fight with my father and I just needed to clear my mind."

As she said those words, my heart broke completely. The last thing she said to her father was probably an insult... Annie (Lex's mom) told me that her husband just left the house without saying a word so she thought he probably forgot something at work. But he was mad at Lex.

"Lexie... I think you should call your mom..." I said trying to hold back my tears.

"Why?"

"Just call her..." I said getting up and giving Lex her phone. I go to my room.

-

Maybe 5 minutes later, I hear Lex scream. I go downstairs as quick as I can and I see her sitting on the floor crying and her phone is on the ground. I immediately reach her and take her in my arms. She kept saying the same words.

"It's all my fault..." she said many times crying.

"No, it's not Lex." I rock her in my arms trying to calm her down. Nothing works. She just kept crying saying those words.

She cried for over an hour. She couldn't stop telling herself that it's all her fault, that she's the reason why he's dead, that if she wouldn't have started the fight he'd still be here... But what happened happened... and we can't do anything about it.

Since that day, Lex told herself that she would stop drinking for her father. She closed herself from everyone. Even me. Even herself. She didn't come to school for almost a whole month. She wasn't going well. She wouldn't get out of her room. She did not eat much, she hardly slept, she wasn't happy. But since Ethan's here, she changed. She's like the old Lex I knew before her father died. It looks like she has found the desire to live again.

But tonight... it was like the night her father died. When she came down the stairs at Dylan's, I knew something was wrong. She had like 15 drinks. She was really pissed off so she wanted to drink to forget about everything that just happened. I'm more disappointed in Ethan than Lex. He said that he didn't know she was coming today. But why for God's sake would he kiss another girl when he's with Lex? But even if she would not be back today, he would have done the same thing. I just don't understand.

The next day

Lexie's pov

I wake up and my head is hurting me so freaking bad. I don't remember exactly was happened last night... Oh yeah... Ethan cheated on me... But after that, I don't remember anything. it's probably Maddy who brought me home. Oh no. My mom must be so mad at me right now.

I get out of my bed and go to my bathroom and take two Advils. I go downstairs and my mom is listening to the tv. She sees me and stands up.

"Mom... I'm so sorr..." The next thing I know is that she's hugging me. "Is everything okay?" I ask.

"Maddy brought you home last night. She explained to me everything that happened. I'm so sorry."

I still see Ethan and Jessie making out in my head. I start to cry.

"How could he do that to me, mom?" I sob in her shirt.

"I don't know, honey."

I feel betrayed, disappointed, weak. I haven't felt that way since my father's... death. tomorrow is Monday and I have to face all the people who will come to ask me questions because I probably made a show at the party. And the worst part, the prom is in two weeks. He had to cheat on me before prom. I don't even want to go anymore.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

"I got it." My mother says letting me go and opens the door. "What are you doing here?"