Chapter 13: Goodbye

The sunlight hit my eyes and I wake up. I begin to smile, remembering where I was. The fresh air surrounding me and Taemin having his arms around me. I could stay like this forever. I turn over and Taemin is still asleep and I couldn't help but stare. I know it may be creepy but the way he slept was so peaceful and somehow he also made it look perfect.

"Are you going to just stare at me?"
"Huh?"

    I jump a bit and he chuckles. I turn to get up but he grabs my arm and pulls me back down. His eyes on mine. Then moves his stare to my lips. He moved forward and touches my lips with his. His left hand tucking my hair behind my ear.

"You're so beautiful, even when you wake up."
"I'm not..."
"You are though Baejin. You are the most beautiful women I seen in my life. Your brown sparking eyes, your cute nose, your soft lips, your beautiful, sweet smile, and your long black hair. You're perfect."
"Taemin...I...love you."
"I love you, Kim Baejin."

      He kisses me again. This man came in and stole my heart. It belonged to him now. I never wanted him to let go of it.

"We should go back inside."
"Yeah...I have to go back to japan today."
"Wait what?"
"I have a concert tomorrow night."
"You didn't tell me!"
"I know. I wanted to spend the night with you without you having to worry about me leaving today."
"But...please don't leave."
"I have to, I have fans that bought tickets to come and see me. I can't disappoint them."
"I know...I know."
"I'm sorry."
"You shouldn't be. I can't be selfish."
"I'll come back. I promise."
"Okay.."

He walked me back to my door and then he gave me a kiss and left. I understand that he was an idol and he had fans I just didn't want the amazing days to stop, but I knew that it was time for reality.
..............
..................
A week passed
..................
..............

I haven't messaged Taemin a lot because I know he is busy. Although when I do he will message back saying "hey babe, I can't talk. Text you later." I know that he is very busy, but it still hurts. I have to think about all this again. I needed to think about what our relationship would be like in the future. Taemin and I would never have a normal relationship. He would always be busy either with concerts or a new song/ MV. He would have no time for a relationship. A relationship would distract him and stress him out. I didn't want him to get sick from the stress. Also I would never be able to go out in public with him without his fans showing up. Being in relationship could ruin his career.

I know what I need to do.....I have to stop this before it leads to a relationship. I know this is his dream and I wouldn't want to ruin that for him. I love him and it doesn't matter if I have to lose him for him to continue his dream.

I call Taemin later at night.

"Hey Taemin. Are you free?"
"Yeah. I miss you Baejin."
"I miss you too..."
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah."
"Are you sure?"
"Taemin....I need to talk to you."
"What is it? Do I need to come back down there?"
"No no. I don't think I can do it face to face..."
"What's the matter Baejin?"
"Taemin....I think we should stop what we are doing before it gets serious."
"What?! Why?!?"
"I just...don't think we are meant to be. I'm not the right person for you."
"Yes you are! Baejin, I love you...please"
"I'm sorry, but I.....don't love you. Goodbye"
"Bae—"

I hang up. I land on the floor, my heart breaking and tears flood to my eyes. It was the only way. He would hurt for a few days, but if I lie then he will get over me quickly. If I were to say the opposite then he would try his hardest to make it work. This was the only way. I need to let him go. This would never have worked out. I will always love him more than anything, but I had to set him free.