A Mother's Love

A few days later. They are nearly finished with packing, then, will soon be on the way home.

If they didn't drive Jessica's Toyota Sienna to California, they would have undoubtedly booked a flight home.

The twins are absolutely worn out from spending four and a half days in Disneyland; so to say that they are a wee bit grumpy, is an understatement.

"Jack! Leave me alone!" Elizabeth shouts, as she folds her arms, then pouts her lips, to convey her displeasure.

"Honey, don't shout!" Jessica tells Elizabeth, as she and Sarah are busy with packing their bags.

"Tell Jacky to leave me alone, mommy!" Elizabeth points her finger to Jessica, before turning to Jack with a withering glare.

"Mommy! When we goin' home?" Jack asks, as he furrows his brow on his mother, then lifts his hands, and shrugs his shoulders.

"No! Don't say that, Jack! I no want to leave, Disneywand!" Elizabeth places her hands on either side of her hips.

"But! I miss daddy! Mommy, I miss daddy!" Jack exclaims, with tears glistening in his eyes.

"I miss daddy, too!" Elizabeth exclaims, as she joins her brother in a chorus of tears, followed by loud sobs.

Sarah placed her hand on her chest; as the scene in front of her tugged at her heartstrings.

Sarah turns to glance at Jessica, then softly bites down on her lip, in an effort to keep her composure.

Sarah loves these two little kids, and thinks of them as her own. To think that they'll be torn apart one day, breaks Sarah's heart.

"Babies.. Come here." Jessica ceases to pack, as she sits on the edge of the bed.

Jessica leans down to pick them up, before sitting them on her lap. Jessica elicits a small smile, in an attempt to contain her emotions.

"You know that mommy loves you two, right?!" Jessica asks, as they sniffle, then wipe the tears from their eyes, before nodding their heads yes.

"You's our mommy. Of course you wuv us, mommy!" Elizabeth lifts up her hands, then giggles at her mother.

"Heh. Good!" Jessica wipes the single tear from her eye, before wrapping her arms around her two children.

"Although.. My love for you two, and for your brother and sister, is unconditional.. A mother's love knows no bounds, Angels." Jessica says, as she now has tears falling down her cheeks.

"What does no bones mean?" Jack asks, with his head tilted to the side in an inquisitive way; emitting a tearful chuckle from Jessica.

"It means that I love all of my babies equally, and with everything I have, bud." Jessica smiles brightly, as she softly rubs his chubby cheek with the back of her finger.

"Everything I am.." Jessica's voice begins to crack. "Everything I do.. I do it for you.. My babies." Jessica elicits a small, tearful smile.

"And, so does your daddy! No matter what happens. No matter what God has planned for us. .. For all of us." Jessica nods her head, before closing her eyes for a moment, to try to get ahold of her emotions.