The Ceremony

"What's goin' on?!" Elizabeth and Jack say in unison; emitting chuckles from all of the adults.

"Heh. Elizabeth.. Jacky boo.. Come here." Jessica tells her two youngest children, as they run up to their mother.

Jessica bends down to their level, and wraps her arms around them.

"Danny and I are engaged!" Jessica says with excitement, as Jack and Elizabeth convey no emotion whatsoever.

A few seconds later, Elizabeth breaks their silence.

"What does en.. Engaged mean?!" Elizabeth lifts her hands, then tilts her head to the side.

Jack nods his head, then mimics his sister by tilting his head.

"Yeah.. We no know what enwaged means, mommy!"

"Heh. You two are adorable." Jessica exclaims, as she tousles their golden curls.

"Tank you, mommy!" Jack smiles at his mother. "But you's no answew us!" Jack lifts his hands.

"Well.. Danny and I love each other.. And sometimes, when you really, really love each other.."

"Please, don't," exclaimed Samantha, as she lifts up her hands; begging for her mother to not get dirty.

"I wasn't about to! ... but thank you for interrupting, Samantha!" Jessica retorts.

"As I was saying... when you really, really love each other, and when you are truly happy," Jessica says, as her voice begins to trail off, as happy tears fall down her cheeks.

"The woman of your dreams proposes to you... Making you the happiest man in the world!" Danny adds, as he smiles lovingly to Jessica.

"Wait?! Mom proposed?!" Samantha couldn't help but laugh.

"Yep!" Danny walks over to Jessica.

Jessica stood up, to gaze into Danny's eyes.

"And I couldn't be more grateful. It may seem like we are rushing into this fast, but.. When it's right?! It is right!" Danny looks into Jessica's eyes with so much love.

"Now.. We won't be walking down any aisles any time soon—"

"Danny?!" Elizabeth taps Danny's leg; to try to get his attention.

"Yes, Elizabeth?!" Danny says.

Elizabeth lifts her arms; signaling for Danny to pick her up.

"Do you love my mommy?!" Elizabeth furrows her brow on Danny, then folded her arms; to let Danny know that she means business.

"Yes! I do, Elizabeth. I love your mommy very much," Danny smiles, as he softly taps his finger on Elizabeth's nose.

"Like?! This much?!" Elizabeth extended her arms outward; emitting a chuckle from Danny.

Danny nods his head yes, then extends one of his arms out as far as he could.

"I love your mommy this much and more!" Danny tells Elizabeth, as her eyes widen.

"Weally?! That much?!" Elizabeth asks in an adorable way.

"Yes!"

"Then, it is okay that you awe engaged with my mommy!" Elizabeth chuckles, as Jack nods his head in agreement.