Reckoning

"What'd you want to know, b!tch?" Jessica asked, as she tilts her head to the side, with fervor.

"What happened to your rule, Jess?! You know, the old one where you try to reduce your swearing on Sunday's?" Sarah had asked; Emulating Jessica, by tilting her head to the sidewaiting for Jessica's response.

Jessica scoffs in response, then begins to walk closer to Sarah's hospital bed.

"What happened to 'your' rule, Sarah? You know, the old one where you had proclaimed 'Hoes over bros'?" Jessica asked Sarah, as Sam gently grabs Jessica by her arm.

"Jessica... Come on!" Sam had managed to exclaim in a soft, albeit stern tone.

"Sam... You know, I.. Until Luke gets back, from... Wherever the hell he had went off to. I, uhm.. Someone needs to watch our babies.." Jessica spoke in a soft tone, as she kneels down to Elizabeth and Jack's level.

"Come on, you two... We need to go. Mommy doesn't feel too well," Said Jessica, with a soft —Albeit forced— smile, prior to getting up.

"Jess!" Sam exclaimed, as he runs his hand through his hair, haphazardly.

"I-I... I thought I could do this, Sam," Jessica said, as she had glanced over at Sam‐‐‐ Barely making eye contact.

"Wrong again," She said in a low voice. "And, uh... I'll see you later, I guess," Jessica said, as she begins to take off for the door; while holding onto both of her children's hands.

"Sh!t," Sam mumbles to himself, as Sarah throws her head back to the bed, then groans in an exasperated way.

"Am I ready to deliver?!" Asked Sarah in a frightened tone.

"I'll be---"

"'Cause I, I... I-I have yet to be checked by the D-doctor to see how much I have dilated," Sarah exclaims.

"And these fu€kers are really coming closer together," She exclaims.

"Seriously?!" Sarah mutters softly; Referring to how Sam isn't paying attention to her.

"Hmm?" Sam averts his gaze from the door that Jessica had just shut, to Sarah.

"I feel as though that I need to push, and I have yet to be checked by my Doctor to see how far I've dilated--- And... What the hell are you staring at the door for?" Sarah questions, as Sam had once again, averted his attention to the door of the room.

"I, uh... I'll try to flag down Doctor whats-his-face for you," Sam said in a soft voice, before he leans down to give Sarah a kiss on her forehead.

"Bye," Sarah emits a soft chuckle, after Sam had left the room to try to find the Doctor.

****

Danny and Hopie were in the kitchen, as Danny had been preparing lunch for the kids. The rest of the crew were either in the living room playing with toys, watching tv, or upstairs in their rooms.