An Unexpected Blessing

* Nine days later *

When Danny made his announcement; he totally forgot that his ex-wife would be picking up their kids, to take them on a vacation to California for a week.

When Danny and Darla, his ex, were married, they'd take the kids on a family vacation for a week before school started up again.

Jessica and Danny decided to fly out to Nashville on August 28th; one day after Danny's kids would come home from the vacation with their mother.

Instead of flying to Nashville on the same day that Danny's kids returned from the vacation with their mother; Jessica and Danny thought it would be best to give them one day to relax in between trips.

Darla had kindly allowed the kids to stay with their father for eight consecutive days. After all, she too, thought it would be in their best interest, if they had one day to rest, before flying to Tennessee.

Of course, Darla would love to have her babies with her, 24/7; though, she also didn't want to sacrifice her children's happiness, by only allowing them to see their father every other weekend. So, they came up with the custody agreement that Danny has his children for a week, and his ex-wife has their children for a week.

****

The morning before they are expected to fly to Nashville; Darla is expected to drop off the kids at around 2 pm.

Sam will be swinging by to take Samantha, Luke, Elizabeth and Jack out to lunch. He's never went 7 days without seeing the kids; so, he wanted to spend an afternoon with them before they left on their vacation.

"Alright, everyone.. Pancakes, French toast, etc., is ready to eat!" Jessica happily proclaims.

Kane walks up to the kitchen island, to grab himself and Samantha a plate.

"What do you want, baby?!" Kane asks Samantha in a sweet voice.

"Everything!" Samantha replies with a blank gaze.

"Heh.." Kane turns his attention to the food.

"Pancakes look great, Mrs. H!" Kane smiles; as he then fills his and Samantha's plates with the delicious food that Jessica just made.

Everyone stares at Kane with blank expressions; except for Danny, as he elicits a grin that is a mile wide.

"Mm.. Maybe we should take a trip on down to Vegas, baby!" Spoke Danny in a funny voice, as he proceeds to emit a giggle. An exaggerated giggle.

Jessica turns to Danny with a puzzled gaze; before she lightly nudges him on the arm.

"Ohh.. Uh.. I meant.. I meant great pancakes, mom! Jessie.. Uh.." Kane nervously said; as Jessica decided to tease him, by conveying no emotion. "M-m-Miss Lange." Kane stammers.

"Heh." Jessica emits a soft chuckle, then lifts up her hand.

"It's fine, Kane.. Heh! Don't work up a sweat over it!" Jessica chuckles softly.

As soon as Jessica had assured him that it was fine; Kane's demeanor quickly changed, as he once again, felt relaxed.

Once Kane sat down at the table, Luke reached over, then patted him softly on the back.

"You really are our own Van! You live with us.. You knocked up my sister; married her--"

"Luke!" Jessica gives her son a hard glare.

"What?!" Luke lifts his hands in defense.

"Now, Kane is calling you 'Mrs. H'!" Luke chuckles, as Kane nods his head.