I Will Always Love You

"Ah! I can't believe my own eyes! My two babies are already three!" Jessica couldn't help but shed a tear of love.

"How did that happen?!"

"I don't know, mommy!" Jack lifts up his hands. "But we awe growed up now!"

Elizabeth furrows her brow on her mother.

"Mommy.. I want goods as one of my pwesants!" Elizabeth nods her head, then proceeds to pull on her mother's nightgown.

"Ooh! Me, too. Me, too!" Jack quickly responds; emitting a hearty laugh from Jessica.

"Ow!" Jack exclaims.

"You okay, baby?" Jessica rubs her son's cheek with the back of her finger.

"I got too excited, mommy!" Jack whimpers softly; as he rubs his eye.

"Heh. Well, eat your goods quickly .. THEN, we can start getting ready for your birthday party/4th of July party!" Jessica says in an excited voice.

"Yay!" Elizabeth and Jack say in unison.

"Yay!" Jessica mimics her children's excitement.

* Initially, I wasn't going to add in the last part of the last chapter; though I felt as though it didn't end well! Heh! *

****

Family and friends are expected to arrive at one o'clock to celebrate Elizabeth and Jack's birthday; as well as to celebrate Fourth of July.

Jessica assured Sam that she didn't need any help with getting ready; though, Sam didn't want to sit idly by, while Jessica was doing everything for their children's birthday party.

Sam was supposed to arrive at around noon, to help Jessica with the last minute things. It's now 12:45 pm.

To say Jessica that is livid?! Is an understatement!

**

Since it is a beautiful, albeit hot and humid summer day; they are throwing the party outside.

Jessica has made quite a few trips inside to check on the food.

Danny was standing next to the garage; grilling corn on the cob, and fresh asparagus. Jessica was too busy with running around, - as she wanted to make sure that everything was absolutely perfect for her babies' birthday - to sit down and eat.

The kids were being entertained by Kane, and Luke. Samantha.. Well, Samantha has been in a less than joyful mood for most of the day; so everyone - except Jessica and Kane - have tried their damnedest not to cross paths with Samantha.

Just as Jessica was making her way back outside; she heard Danny greet Sam and Sarah.

"Took 'em long enough!" Jessica muttered to herself.