Chapter 5

Mina and I had made up before work started. We were about to close up shop but the mystery boy walked in again. He smiled brightly.

"Hello! Can I get another caramel macchiato?" He asked. I nodded. While waiting he asked, "I'm not gonna call you barista, so how about a name?"

"Oh! My name is Y/N," I said shyly. His eyes widened. He looked at me hard and studied me. He looked shocked.

"Umm...h...hi Y/N," he stuttered.

"Hi?" I was really confused why he looked so shocked. He ran off when I gave him his drink. "Wait! I never got your name!" I called. But he was too far away.

"Oh my god! Dude he is so into you! I bet you he's gonna come everyday to see you! Aww baby Y/N is growing up!" Mina cooed. I playfully hit her. When we arrived at home, we were greeted with the sounds of Jimin's cough. We went up to see him. He smiled weakly at us. He gave me an apologetic hug.

"So how was work?" He asked.

"Well there is clearly someone checking Y/N out. She's just too shy to admit it," Mina teased.

"Really?" Jimin raised an eyebrow.

"No! He's just some guy who happened to come to the shop two days in a row!" I yelled, getting flustered.

"Our little baby is in love!" Mina hummed.

"Oh shush!" I whined. They chuckled.

"Come on Y/N~ssi! We need to go make dinner for the sickly," Mina called. I nodded running after her. We made him some soup thing. We were acting like his servants and he loved it.

"Bow down to me peasants!" He commanded.

"Yes, you grace and great ruler of the Park household!" I joked, as I teasingly bowed to him.

Mina just rolled her eyes, "I'm related to lunatics."

"She dare defy the might of me! Off with her head!" Jimin teased.

"You heard him," I said.

"Bye weirdos!" Mina called as she walked out of the room. I pouted. Jimin chuckled and pulled me in for a hug.

"Love you sis," he softly purred.

"Love you too, your grace," I teased. "Come on. His majesty needs his beauty sleep. We'll check on you in the morning." I pulled the covers over him and left the room. I retreated to my bed and fell into a deep slumber.

The Next Day

I woke up bright and early. The house laid still and a deathly silence crept in. I groaned. I got up lazily and got ready. I had walked down to an empty kitchen. The house remained painfully still. With nothing to do I decided to go talk to my mother. I held the urn cautiously in my hands. "Hey eomma. It's me, Y/N again. Are you happy in heaven? We really miss you. We are getting along as best as we can. I hope you are really proud of Jimin. He's doing a lot. Don't worry about us. Appa rarely comes home. And when he does, it's only for a couple minutes. We all usually hide. We really wish you had jewelry eomma. We try to find as many things that remind us of you. Mina and I put all your clothes in our closet and Jimin took all the pictures with you in it and put them in his room. But that was all the memory of you there is. No toys or jewelry. Why didn't you have any eomma? I know you grew up kind of poor so maybe that was why. Anyway we really miss you. But Mina and I actually got jobs! It's really fun actually. And there's this boy who I always see around. He looks really familiar eomma I swear! I feel like I know him but...well I just can't name him. Eomma this weekend is Jimin, Mina, and I's third birthday without you. We are turning nineteen this Saturday. We really wish you were there. But Jimin is flying out Seokjin oppa and his family here to Busan. His parents want to arrange him and Mina to get married. And you know Mina loves him." I heard ruffling coming from upstairs. "I think I have to go eomma. I'll talk to you later. Saranghae eomma." I put the urn down. I turned on the TV and watched for awhile until Jimin and Mina came down. Then the three of us headed out for school.