Chapter 29

Trial Day

We had all dressed as formally as we could.

Today, we were going to put that sick father of our's in jail.

As expected, my siblings and I were nervous. We didn't know how we were going to face our father and reexplain all that had happened.

When we arrived, it was busy with lawyers, prosecutors, the jury, and the judge.

The prosecutors reassured my siblings and I that we would have justice. And that he'd never hurt a soul again.

We all prayed he was right.

Once we started, we all saw the menacing glares of our father. But Namjoon gave my hand a squeeze, reassuring my nerves.

"May we ask Mina and Y/N Park to step out of the room. Jimin will give his version of the story, and then you two will. We just need you out so we can see that the stories match up," the judge asked.

I left Namjoon's warm embrace and left with Mina. We sat on a bench out of the room.

"This is really happening," she huffed.

"Yeah. It really is. Mina...I'm scared. What if he doesn't get put in jail? What if we don't serve mom justice? What if he hurts us more?" I cried.

"Hey. It'll be okay. We won't let him hurt us anymore. I promise you. Here dry your tears," she said, taking the emergency tissues we had brought, and drying my tears.

"You really are an amazing sister," I said.

"Right back at you 3," she said.

Time Skip

After half an hour, they called for Mina and left Jimin with me.

He was sobbing pretty badly.

"Aigoo. Come here," I said, opening my arms for him.

He cried into my neck, since I was taller.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there I to protect you and mom," I apologized.

"Stop blaming yourself. I wouldn't have let you do anything. I just hope what we say will be enough," he sobbed.

"Our's plus Namjoon's will add up. It has to. And then after, let's go see mom one last time. And say our final goodbye to her," I said.

"I'd like that."

"Me too."

Time Skip

After another half an hour it was my turn. I gave the crying Mina a quick hug before entering the courtroom.

Namjoon eyed me worriedly. I don't know how I found the strength, but I winked at him.

My father's glare on me was evil. But I wouldn't have to bare it soon.

"Ms. Park, would you please explain your story?"

"Sure. Everything with my father was good until we moved here to Busan. Then a flip in him just switched. I admit, all throughout my younger life, he never seemed a hundred percent sure about me. Since I was adopted and not his blood child, he had resentment toward me. But that resentment showed more when moved here. He started abusing my mother and brother. He'd beat them whenever he was home. And his breath always smelled like alcohol. Mina and I always hid, debating whether or not to fight. But Jimin and our mother never let us. Then when we were sixteen our world came crashing down more. Our mother killed herself because she couldn't take it anymore. That was the day when the gate settled in. He rarely ever came home, and when he did he'd abuse Jimin and Mina. He recently got to me. He broke into our house while I was home alone and tried to kill me. But my savior Namjoon came and rescued me from him. Then the second time he tried to kill me again, but Namjoon came and saved me. I have hospital records if you'd like to see them. And proof that the door was broken. I have a lot of proof and determination to send my father to jail. And to finally end the Park's misery." My voice cracked a little, but I held firm. I needed to get my point across.

I showed them several pieces of evidence against my father and even showed them the knife scars.

"Thank you Ms. Park. We will have Mr. Kim explain what happened and then the jury will be able to come to a verdict."

I nodded and left to my siblings.

I had held it together until I got to them. Then I started crying in their arms.

Once everyone was dismissed to a break, we all went out for some ice cream.

Our friends comforted us, and tried to cheer us up.

"Hey. Focus on me. It'll be alright," Namjoon said, caressing my hand.

I just stared at my ice cream hopelessly.

He took it from under me and started eating it.

"Hey!" I whined.

"You want?"

"Yes!"

"Okay! I'll feed you then!"

He took the spoon and fed me delicately. He then purposely put ice cream on my ave so he could kiss me.

"Smile. You look beautiful when you do."

Time Skip

"What is the jury's verdict?"

"We the jury find the defendant, guilty of attempted murder, child abuse, and excessive drinking. And will be sentenced to sixty years in prison without parol."

I started crying into Namjoon's shoulder. We all had a group hug. But I broke away from the others to hug my siblings.

"We did it guys. We got justice!" We yelled. It was very emotional. Mina, Jimin, and I were an absolute mess.

"You rotten kids! I hate you!" Our dad yelled.

He broke free of the police and went to attack me. He grabbed my wrist and tried to hit me. But Namjoon punched him hard.

"Don't touch her loser!"

I held him tightly.

"It's okay. It's all going to be okay."

"Hey. Can we borrow Y/N for a sec. We need to go do something," Jimin said.

He nodded, letting me go with my siblings.

"We'll be at the park. Meet us in fifteen minutes," Mina said.

We all walked happily to the park to speak to our mother one last time.

When we got there, our waterworks all started.

"Hey eomma. We just wanted to let you know that appa will no longer hurt anyone. We are all safe and alive. Thank you for protecting us," Jimin choked.

"We love you a lot. And miss you. But we've decided to move on. We can't live in the past. We know you're watching us and guarding us. We'll do our best to make you proud and be a good parent like you," Mina sobbed.

"This is our last goodbye eomma. We'll miss you dearly. But we need to leave our past. We hope you find peace up there. We're going back to Seoul. We've found the boys and will stay with them. Don't worry too much about us. We'll be fine. And I just want to personally thank you for taking me in when I was younger. And I'm sorry if I was ever a burden to you," I cried.

"Oh my children," a woman sighed.

We turned to see a woman in white.

"Do you guys see it too?" I asked.

"Yeah," they said, mesmerized.

"You've all grown up so well. I wish you luck and happiness in the future. You've all gone through something unimaginable. But you survived. And I'm ecstatic that you did. I love you my dears. Goodbye," the woman said.

"Bye eomma," we whispered.

"Aish these crybabies," someone huffed.

Our mother was gone and instead was Lily, Namjoon, and Seokjin running toward us. They wrapped us in hugs.

"Come on guys. Let's go home," I said.