Chapter 26

"Wait Y/N! You're about to be discharged! Wait until that, then go," Jimin said.

So I sat in my bed, just talking with my siblings, waiting to be released.

"Ms. Park? You are being discharged now," the nurse said.

"Thank you," I said.

My siblings had brought me a fresh pair of clothes to change into, so I shooed them out of my room to change.

"Okay, I'm going for a walk now," I said.

I actually wanted to go find Namjoon, who had snuck out of my room when everyone came in.

I went up to the rooftop, assuming he'd be there.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey. You feeling okay?" He asked.

"Still sick, but I'm good. Why'd you leave?" I asked.

"Well, all your family and friends had come in and I didn't want to invade your family time. They were really worried," he explained.

"Thank you for saving me. If you hadn't chased him down and detained him, well I'd be a dead woman even if I survived," I said.

"I'll protect you forever. Your not dying on me," he said. He traced the scar on my neck, and the other ones on my arms and face.

"Can I ask you a question?" I said.

"Sure," he agreed.

"While I was knocked out, I had this strange dream. I heard someone talking. They confessed their feelings for me. The voice sounded like your's. And then they said something that you always told me. Was that you?" I asked.

He fiddled with his fingers nervously.

"Namjoon," I said.

"I...I uh...fine. Yes it was me that said that. I thought I was going to lose you. And I couldn't do that without telling you how I feel about you. You probably don't feel the same way because who would like someone who they haven't seen in thirteen years, but I'm in love with you. You're personality lights up a room. You light up a room. You never fail to make me smile. Everything you do makes my heart flutter. You're my everything. And I love you," he confessed.

I pulled him in for a hug.

"Namjoon, I...I love you too," I whispered.

He looked at me wide eyed.

"What? You're not the only one who missed their best friend whom they haven't seen in forever," I said.

He smiled.

Without much time, his face slowly got closer to mine. His breath was ragged. I could feel his heart beating fast. But mine was too. Without reaction, his soft lips pressed against mine. My lips responded by returning the sweet kiss. It was how I pictured my first kiss. But even better. I wrapped my hands around his neck. His hands tangled my hair. After a few blissful minutes, he pulled back.

"Are you sure you've never had a boyfriend?" He asked.

"Yeah why?"

"You're an experienced kisser," he complimented.

"Not so bad yourself cap," I said.