Chapter 22

Y/N POV

I could've sworn I heard a voice tell me that they love me while I was sleeping. But it was probably just my imagination. However, when my eyes adjusted, I noticed Namjoon sleeping next to me, holding me close to him.

It couldn't have been you, right?

I wanted to get up, but he was still sleeping, and I was very comfortable.

Unfortunately this was a perfect moment for literally everyone to make fun of me.

"Oh Y/N!" I heard Mina call.

I quickly ducked into the blanket, trying to hide from her.

"Where is she?" Jimin asked.

"Noona?!" Jungkook and Tae called.

"Y/N~ssi!" Yoongi and Hoseok yelled.

"Guys stop yelling! You know she went to talk to Namjoon after we left so she's probably passed out in the living room!" Seokjin scolded.

I swear, I loved Jin sometimes.

I heard them sneak into the living room. I tried to duck further down into the blanket, but Namjoon somehow managed to pull me up to snuggle with him.

I couldn't help but smile at how cute he was. He's like an adorkable puppy.

"Oh my fricken goodness! What the hell!" Mina screamed.

They all came running towards me.

"Aigoo! So cute!" Jungkook cooed.

"Ssssh! I will murder you all if you wake him!" I warned.

I turned so I could face Namjoon. But he was wide awake.

"Uh hey," I said awkwardly.

"Hey. So umm, I slept here. And you did too.
And you're still here," he said.

"I am."

"Why?"

"Because you were kind of trapping me in your arms," I said.

"Oh sorry," he apologized.

"It's fine. And uh, you still are."

"Oh right sorry."

"Wow, you guys are awkward personified," Yoongi said.

"And you're not?" I asked.

"Nope."

"Hey Jimin, where's Lily?" I asked.

"She's still sleeping. She had a rough night yesterday," he rubbed his neck.

"What do you mean rough night?" I asked.

"We think someone tried and failed to spike her cola. But it sort of affected her. However, it was luckily done poorly so she didn't get affected too much," he said.

"So she'll probably wake up with a hangover," I said.

"Probably," he agreed.

"Hey Namjoon. You want a ride home?" Jimin asked.

"Huh? Oh no. I can walk," he said.

"Bull. I'll drive you home. Just let me go get ready," I said.

"Oh uh okay."

I ran up to my room and quickly showered and changed.

Why was I so nervous?

I ran down with my car keys.

"Woah!" I exclaimed, tripping on the final step.

He caught me in his strong arms.

"She so did that on purpose!" Jungkook teased. Taehyung hit him on the head.

"Kids," I said, slowly getting up from his embrace.

I walked out to a car and quickly got into the driver's seat. I tried to collect my thoughts.

"Hey are you good?" Namjoon asked me, climbing into the passenger seat.

"Yeah I'm fine," I said distantly.

"You're not fine. What's up?" He asked.

"I just, feel bad that you have to constantly watch me and protect me," I lied.

"Y/N. Please don't ever say that. I told you, even if you weren't physically there, you were
my guardian angel. My hero. My savior. So I have a debt to you. So stop feeling sorry for me and take care of yourself. You worry about others way too much," he said.

"Oh yeah thanks. I feel a lot better," I lied again.

He grabbed my jaw and forced me to look him square in the eyes.

"Is that all?" He asked.

"Yes," I squeaked.

"I don't believe you," he said.

"And I believe I should be getting you home," I said.

I pushed him off of me and started the car. My heart was beating a thousand times a second, anticipating for something to happen.

As we were driving we heard a woman scream, "My child! Help this crazy man is trying to kill my child!"

And to our surprise, the man in all black pushed the small child into the road, right in front of me.

Can't kill the child. Can't cause an accident. Can't kill us.

I swerved the car onto the sidewalk and braked before I could hit a tree.

I looked back to see the child safely in his mother's arms, the mother thanking us. I nodded at her.

I was breathing hard and at this rate my heart was probably faster than Usain Bolt.

I reversed the car and got it off of the sidewalk. Then I parked the car on the side, still breathing hard, unable to comprehend what had just happened.

"Wow," Namjoon said.

"Yeah. That just happened," I agreed.

"You saves the life of a young boy and a tree. You should be proud of yourself," he said.

"Why should I be proud for doing what anyone would've done? I shouldn't be proud. It's what I was supposed to do, as a good fellow citizen. It's what I took my driver's test for," I said.

"But you saved many things' lives. Good job. If you won't be proud of you, I'll be proud of you. And now I'm going to hug you because we were extremely close to dying," he said.

I chuckled. He unbuckled his seatbelt and put his head in my lap.

"Don't worry. I'm not going anywhere. I'll be here to annoy you forever. I'm immortal. After all I've been through you'd think I'd be," I said.

"I'm sorry you had to deal with that alone," he said guiltily.

"Stop saying sorry for something that wasn't your fault. If I'm not allowed to say sorry then you're not allowed to say sorry," I scolded.

I drove him home with his head in my lap. My cheeks were burning the whole time, but he couldn't tell.

"You're home!" I yelled.

"Yah! I know! You just blew my eardrums out! You should have respect for your elder!" He complained.

"Yet you're in the same grade as me," I retorted.

"It's because the government forced me to have an extra year of education because of my situation! But I'm still older than you! I'm only seven months younger than Hoseok!" He protested.

"Whatever. Just go and rest please," I begged.

He nodded and ran off to his room.

I sighed once he was gone. What was my heart doing to me?