Chapter 10

"Autumn!!" I heard Hanji's loud and cheery voice yell. "Autumn~"

"Hanji!" I yelled back. I ran up to her. She seemed a little bit surprised by it, but she didn't question it.

"Wow Autumn," she said with a grin. "I didn't think you would be that happy to see me. First period is soon, we'll see each other."

"Yeah, okay," I said. "Listen, where's the shorty?" I asked quickly.

"You mean Levi?" she asked wiggling her eyebrows.

"Who else could I be talking about?" I hissed. "Do you know where he is? I need to talk to him."

"About...." She nudged me on the arm. She really needed a guy of her own. Not that guy she banged while drunk though.

"Something," I said with no emotion. "Now do you know where he is?"

She sighed and looked around. We were in front of the school. Lots of kids were out here talking. I was looking for him too when I saw a black car pull up quickly.

"That has to be him," I said quietly to myself. Hanji heard me, but she didn't say anything. I kept my eyes on the car and waited for the person to come out.

Sure enough, it was the raven haired shorty.

I left Hanji and ran towards him. As I got closer to him, I yelled his name. He turned around and looked at me with an annoyed expression.

"Oi, what do you want brat?" He slammed his car door and started walking towards me. "I didn't think I would be annoyed right as I got out of the car."

"Listen," I said stopping in front of him. "I need to talk to you."

He scoffed. "And I need a million dollars," he said sarcastically.

"Since when the fuck have you been sarcastic?"

"Looks like we're both out of luck," he continued walked away from me. I groaned loudly and grabbed his wrist. "Levi," I said giving him a serious look as he turned around.

He sighed and crossed his arms against his chest. "Why do you need to talk to me? Why not Hanji? Or that Eren kid you always hang out with." He sounded like he hated Eren.

I raised my eyebrow at him, but quickly lowered it. There wasn't any time for questions. "Because. I don't want them involved with this."

"Involved with what?"

I looked past Levi and saw Hanji flailing her arms around trying to get my attention. First period was about to start.

I sighed and looked at the shorty. "I'll have to tell you later."

"No," he said. "Tell me now."

"Look," I growled, "I don't have time for your fucking shit, shorty."

"What's your first period?" he asked harshly.

"Math."

He scoffed. "Mine is Science. You can skip Math, it's easy. Tell me now or I won't listen later."

I glared at him. "I have trouble in Math and Hanji isn't the best tutor." I crossed my arms like he did. "I can't afford to skip."

He groaned in frustration. "I'll tell you what you missed at lunch. I have Math fourth period."

I still saw Hanji waiting outside for me. I waved my hand to her telling her to go ahead. She gave me a thumbs up and headed inside. I just rolled my eyes.

"Follow me," the shorty said walking to the right.

"Why?" I still followed him either way. I think he knew this was important.

"I assume you don't want anyone else to know about this," he said glancing my way. "Plus teachers could see us outside and make us go in."

I nodded. I kind of liked the way he said "Us" for some reason. It didn't make me blush, but it kind of calmed me.

He led me to an alleyway. He leaned against the wall and I did the same thing. He had his arms crossed and looked at me with a bored expression.

"Do you know who started the rumors about Mr. Erwin?" I asked. I guess it would be best to get straight to the point.

He raised an eyebrow at me. "Why?"

"Answer the question," I said with a glare.

"No, I don't."

I groaned. "Do you really?" I asked again. "I'm not asking because he wants to know. I'm also not asking because the office wants me to or something."

"I don't know," he said again. "Why does it matter?"

"I need you to help me," I said slowly. I said it slowly because it was hard to say those words. Never in my life I would picture myself asking a angry, annoying, midget for help.

He could clearly tell and got a smirk. "Oh really?"

"Really."

"You're going to have to beg for me to help you." He clearly enjoyed taunting me. "Cause I don't help people."

I groaned loudly for a few seconds. "Levi," I said annoyed, "I really really really really really." I paused and looked at him for a second. He said nothing. I groaned again. "Really really really need your help."

"No," he said nonchalantly.

"You fucking bitch," I said harshly. He smirked again. "Levi. I'm serious," I whined

"So am I."

I stayed quiet for a bit trying to think. "I'll pay you." This little midget can't resist! Can he?

That got his attention. "I don't usually do things for money." He stared at me for a few seconds. "Usually."

"Levi," I pleaded. I put my hands below his shoulder. I ignored the muscle I felt through his leather jacket. "I'm serious," I said again.

"What could you possibly need help with? Besides math." He surprisingly didn't yell at me when I place my hands on him. He also didn't try to move them. He just let them stay there.

"A couple of things actually," I said looking him in the eye. He didn't reply and I took that as a sign to continue.

"I need you to help me figure out who started the rumors. I assume you know how to ask it like you're genuinely asking. If you don't find out in time, it's fine. But this is what I really need you for." Never though I would say that last sentence.

"What?"

"Erwin leaves for his two week 'Vacation' in a week, correct?"

"Correct."

"After he leaves, I want to follow him for those two weeks."