Chapter 22

Erwin was walking to his car. I had put my hot pink lipstick and was ready to act. I ran up to him and put my hand on his shoulder. "Erwin!" I exclaimed in my high pitched voice. "Oh Erwin!" He look down at me. He tried to not let his annoyance seep through, but it did.

Him and his bushy eyebrows were annoyed.

I turned him around that way he was facing me. He didn't see Levi making his way towards his car. "Erwin! I lost Sebastian! I don't know where he is!" I cried out. "My phone is dead and I can't call him!" I put my head on his arm and fake cried.

He slowly pat my back. I tried really hard not to laugh. "Um, why don't you call him from my phone?" He stopped patting my back. I looked up at him and gave a sad look. "He won't answer numbers he doesn't know!"

I heard him sigh. He started to turn around, but I pulled at his arm. He stumbled towards me. I put my hands on his shoulders. "Please, please, please help me find Sebastian! I can't be in Vegas all by myself!" I looked around. I leaned in a little closer and whispered, "There's perverts out there!"

I leaned back quickly and gave him a worried look. He sighed again. "Um.." He scratched the back of his neck. "I'm sorry.....Emily, but I really need to be going." He started to turn around, but I tugged him again. Levi was just getting out from under the car. I needed to stall just for a little longer.

"Please, Erwin!" I pleaded. I saw Levi walk away from the car from the corner of my eye. I kept my attention on Erwin though. "Do you know where he might be? I need Sebastian!"

"Did you check by the restrooms?" he asked. I gasped and shook his arms. "I didn't!! Maybe he's there!" I started to run away from him. As I was running I waved and yelled, "Thank you Erwin!!" He waved back and headed to his car.

As I was running, I was laughing to myself. Once I knew I was completely out of sight, I put my hands on my knees and laughed out loud. I got out my phone and called Levi. "Where are you?" I asked still laughing. "I love being this Emily girl."

"I was hiding behind a car that way Erwin didn't see me. Then you stupidly ran away," he harshly said. "Now you have to stupidly run back, idiot."

I rolled my eyes even though he wasn't there. "I don't think you needed to hide behind a car to hide from Erwin. You're a midget." He was about to say something, but I cut him off. "Yeah, and I'm not running, shorty. I'm walking. I'm much too lazy to run."

"Tch." He hung up and I smiled to myself. I loved annoying that shorty. Sometimes he deserved it in my opinion. I quickly walked back to the garage filled with parked cars. "Oh Sebby!" I yelled sarcastically. "Where are you~"

"Oi!" Levi yelled. "Shut up with that Sebby shit!" I laughed and walked where I heard the voice yell from. I saw Levi leaning against a red car. I looked at the car for a minute. It was a nice car. I looked up at Levi. "This ours?" He nodded.

I opened up the passenger seat and got in. Levi walked to the other side and got in the drivers seat. He looked at his phone for a second then started the car. He drove out the the parking garage and onto the free way. I grabbed a napkin from my purse and took of my pink lipstick. I didn't like the feel of it on my lips.

"It's already late," Levi said looking at the road. He turned right. "I bet Erwin is going to a hotel." I looked at him. "We can't go in the same hotel as him though," I said. "He'll know something is up." He nodded and I sighed. "We'll have to go to a different hotel."

"Yes," he said coolly. "I'm done being this Sebastian character," he said glancing at me. "Why the fuck did you name me Sebastian?" He looked back at the road. We came to a red light. I laughed. "It just came to me," I said sarcastically.

"I wish it left," he said. The light turned green and he continued driving. "This wig is terrible, I don't like wearing these sunglasses, I don't like the fact I had to smile, I don't like being Sebastian."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, but you don't like anything," I stated. "You're like the Grinch or some shit like that. You probably ruin little kids' dreams. You might ruin their Christmas, their birthday," I said with a slight laugh.

"Your character was way too perky," he said changing the subject. "The voice was high and annoying too," he complained. I rolled my eyes again. "I had to act different from my usual self. I'm not the perkiest person ever. Hanji probably is."

He scoffed. "She is. Not probably." I laughed. I turned on the radio. Levi didn't want it on, but I didn't care what he did and didn't want. He would probably be fine with it if it was music he liked, but it wasn't. It was rock music that I liked. I didn't have it turned up all the way, I had it on quietly in the background.

I looked out the window. It was night time, but there were a bunch of lights everywhere. I bet a lot of places stayed open all night. Basically bars, clubs, things like that. Some of the buildings we passed had some neon light shinning. It reminded me of Erd's club.

Even though I tried to get that night out of my head, it never worked. That night and everything he said was wedged into my brain. I didn't know if that was a good or bad thing. It could be good because it had information we needed. It also had information of my father. It could be bad because everything Erd said could be true; all the things he said about my father could be true.

I couldn't imagine my father selling drugs. He was a good man. He was always loving to my mother and I. He made sure I was an angel at school. He never wanted me to get into trouble. He would always make sure I was doing the right thing.

Now he was kind of a hypocrite.

He told me to do the right things, but he goes behind my back and does the wrong things. He sold illegal things, but it wasn't just that. He tricked people. He would give them fake drugs. He was doing all the wrong things, but he wanted me to do the right things.

Maybe he didn't want me to end up like him. He probably didn't want me to end up selling drugs, tricking people, doing what I'm doing now. He probably wanted me to grow into a good woman like my mother.

But I am like him. I am dead. The day my families died, a part of me died too.

I don't know what he would say. I guarantee he didn't want me to end up like this. Someone who is living, but is also dead. Someone whose only reason they are living is for revenge. Someone who killed another person. Someone who had lost all hope. Hope for their self and humanity.

He didn't want me to turn out like this. He really didn't. I know he didn't.

But I'm sorry. Father, mother, I'm sorry. I can't be the happy six year old I was before. That side of me is dead. Even though I am breathing and clearly alive, I'm dead on the inside. I can never be the girl you wanted me to be. Not anymore. I have made a decision and I have no regrets about it. I will find the people who killed you and I will kill them too.

Once I do, I'll be free.

Even if I get caught. Even if Levi and I get caught. Even if they put us in jail for life, where I have no freedom, where I am a prisoner. Even if I'm killed for my murders, even if they lock me away from the outside world.

I will be truly free.