Chapter 21

I was sitting by the window with Levi sitting in the middle. So far, no one else had come and sit in the first seat. It made me a little bit nervous actually. Levi had kissed me and we might have the row to ourselves. He seemed totally fine after it which pissed me off. I was the only one freaking out inside. Only because that was my first real kiss, and I'm pretty sure he didn't mean it.

But why does it matter to me if he meant it or not?

I looked out the small window. We were still on the ground. The sky was a baby blue color with white, large, puffy clouds. The sun was shinning bright. It could be the tele-tubby sun for Pete sake. I saw some trees in the distance. They almost seemed to sway. I still couldn't believe that Levi and I were going to Las Vegas. It was crazy. I didn't think he did business all across the country.

Maybe the guy ran.

That never works out, buddy. . .

I put my elbow on the armrest and put my cheek on my knuckle. I still looked out the window even though there was nothing to look at. They were things you would see all the time. Trees, clouds, the sun. The airport didn't exactly "Awe" me. It's just an airport. Nothing special about it.

"I'm not excited about going to Vegas," I heard Levi said. "I don't want to go. I assume that there will be a bunch of disgusting drunks. Then some people are just desperate for a guy. It's just annoying."

I scoffed. "If you don't want to go, why are you on this plane?" I asked looking out the window. "You do realize you had a choice, right? You could have stayed. You could have called the whole plan off. You could have avoided all this, but you chose not to."

"I stayed because you need my help." I felt his stare create two circles in the side of my head. "You can't do any of this on your own." He spoke quieter. "Without that tracker you wouldn't know where Erwin is. I was the one who got the guns and gadgets."

"Any more reasons?" I asked rolling my eyes. I don't think he could tell that I rolled them, but I did it anyway. "Please, go on Mr. Ackerman."

"Besides," he continued, "I want what I'll get after this is over."

I wanted to turn and look at him, but I didn't. "What do you want?" I asked. The lady told us to buckle up, turn off all electronics and stuff like that. After Levi and I did that, I continued talking. "You never told me what you wanted. It kind of annoys me."

"I told you I'll tell you when all of this is finished."

"See, you keep giving me the same answer all the time," I said finally looking at him. "It doesn't make me want to give you what you want."

"Well, if you want my help, which you do, then you won't ask again. You won't complain about it, and if you don't give it to me, I'll hurt you." I just looked at him. I wanted to be annoyed, but I wasn't.

I nodded and looked back at the window. I felt the airplane go into the sky. The trees, the airport, the people, the houses, everything became small. I smiled to myself as it all became small.

I bet it would be nice to ascend into the sky. Everything would become small. Your fears, your dreads, your worries, your enemies, your friends. Everything. You could leave it all behind and stay in the sky forever.

I heard a sigh. "What's wrong with you?" Levi asked. "Nothing," I replied almost instantly. I was still looking out the window, still wondering what it would be like if I was in the sky. "Is it about the kiss?" he asked. I didn't reply.

I heard another sigh. "Why?" he asked.

This time I sighed. "I don't know. I honestly don't know," I confessed. I had wiped off my hot pink lipstick once I was out of Erwin's sight. I licked my lips quickly because they were dry. "It's just..." My voice started to trail off.

"What?"

Is he playing the innocent role? Are you shitting me?

"Did...you have to kiss me? Like, I know Erwin was walking back, but did you have to kiss me?" I quietly asked. "Would he have been skeptical if you didn't?"

He didn't reply for a second. "Yes. He would have. If I didn't, he might catch onto something."

I nodded and bit my bottom lip. I was afraid he would say that, I don't really know why. I hoped he didn't kiss me just for that reason. I wondered if he wanted to kiss me.

Why am I thinking this?

I felt the shorty put his hand on my cheek. He used his other one to turn my head towards him. His steel gray eyes were staring into mine.

"Shorty-"

"I kissed you for two reasons," he said cutting me off. "One, because Erwin could have been suspicious."

"W-What's the other reason?" I stuttered. I felt my cheeks get hotter.

Levi leaned in closer to me. He stopped when there was an inch between us. I could feel his warm breath hit my lips.

"It's pretty obvious, brat," he said. "I kissed you because I wanted to, Autumn."

He closed the space between us and he put his lips against mine. His lips that were always in a straight line were soft, warm, and comforting.

It took me a minute until I closed my eyes, and then slowly started to kiss back. I felt his small smirk in the kiss.

The kiss was was so gentle, but it was also passionate. It was so much different than Erd's. I liked this a lot more.

He pulled away slowly. He looked at my reddened face, I looked at his gray eyes. I looked down. "That was my first real kiss," I said quietly.

"What about Erd?" he asked. I can tell he didn't like saying that. It made me chuckle a little.

"Kissing him was disgusting. I'm glad I will never have to do it again. No, I've never had a real kiss.."

"You've kissed me," he said. I could tell he had a smirk. I looked at him. "How did you figure that out?" I asked sarcastically.

He rolled his eyes. He put his warm hand on the back of my neck and pulled me towards him. It sent a small shiver up my spine. His lips were against mine again, a little rougher.

I smiled into the kiss. I enjoyed the feeling of his lips against mine. I felt warmer every second.

He pulled away and I had a slight smile on my face. I put my head on his shoulder. He put his arm around me.

Suddenly, my smile faded.

I promised myself I wouldn't fall in love.

But I broke that promise.