Chapter 28

Levi and I walked into 7eleven, even though we were still a bit ruffed up. We earned a few stares from people, but I ignored it. Levi, on the other hand, sent deathly glares towards them. We walked towards the back where the Slurpee machines were. "Do you want one?" I asked him. He shook his head no. I shrugged and grabbed a medium sized cup. I got a white cherry one. I grabbed a lid and straw.

"Anything else?" he asked, somewhat impatiently. I rolled my eyes. I quickly grabbed a small bag of hot Cheetos. "I don't know what has your panties twisted up in a bunch," I said narrowing my eyes at him. We went to the counter and he payed for the things. As we walked out, he put his arm around my waist.

"I'd rather be back at the hotel," he stated. "I feel disgusting."

I took a sip of the drink. "Yeah, well, too bad. I want to sit outside for a while." He put his face in the crook of my neck and groaned. I just took another sip. "Quit being a little bitch," I said to him.

"Shut the fuck up." I rolled my eyes and laughed. We walked until we found a bench. We headed over and sat down. Levi still had his arm around me, showing everyone I was his. I kicked my feet back and forth. I listened to the sound of cars passing by, people walking and talking, the sound of nature. I took another sip of the drink.

"Are you sure you don't want any?" I asked facing towards him. He smirked. "Sure." I knew what he was going to do the second he got that stupid smirk. He quickly leaned in to kiss me, but I put the cup in front of him. I gave him a fake smile. He seemed annoyed. He grabbed it and took a small sip. He handed it back to me. "It's alright."

I rolled my eyes. I rested my head against his shoulder. "Levi..." I said quietly.

"Hm?" He was planting a kiss on my forehead.

"Whenever we get back, what's going to happen?" He didn't reply at first. The silence was annoying me a little.

"No one knows how things will turn out," he stated. "All we're allowed to do is to make sure we don't regret the choices we made."

"I just hope it'll be okay," I said. He didn't reply, he just nodded. I decided to stop talking about the possibility of our inevitable death. I decided to talk about Erwin's instead. "So when he calls..."

"We'll answer. That or we can miss the call, text him a while later and get all the details. He most likely wouldn't say a thing if we answered."

"And if he doesn't?" I asked.

"We follow him. Simple as that," he said coolly. "This is going to end soon, you know that, right?"

I nodded. "I know." There was a minute of silence, until my phone started to ring. I usually kept it off, because I knew someone would call repeatedly. It caught me off guard a bit. I looked down at the name. "Hanji," I said out loud. I looked at Levi. He nodded.

I hesitantly answered. "Hel-"

"AUUUUTTTUUUMMMNNN!!!!!!!" Hanji yelled into the phone. Thank goodness I had it on speaker. "WHERE ARE YOU?! YOU'VE BEEN GONE ALMOST TWO WEEKS! MIKASA, ARMIN, EREN, AND I ARE WORRIED! AUTUMN!"

"Slow down," I said annoyed. "I'm fine."

"Where are you?! I went to your house and you haven't answered. I've called you hundreds of times but you haven't answered! What's happening?!" she asked frantically.

I glanced at Levi. He shook his head no. I sighed. "I'm fine Hanji. Seriously, you don't need to worry. Tell the other three I said that. Don't worry about it. I've been on a little trip," I said taking another glance at Levi.

"Is the shorty there with you or something?" she asked. I looked away from him. I heard the grin in her voice. "He hasn't been here either. Left the same day you did."