Chapter 13

I spent yesterday with Eren, Armin, Mikasa, and Hanji at school. There was a possibility that I could never see them again. I had to make our last moments memorable.

I have packed a lot of things in a small, plain black suitcase. I had four hoodies, four pairs of jeans, socks, underwear and bras, stuff I needed.

I had also packed my journal. It had the notes about the gangs. I had my laptop and charger with me, but it wouldn't hurt to be careful.

I grabbed my money and cigarette box and lighter. I headed for the door. Levi had honked earlier, so I knew he was out here.

I was greeted by a black truck. I ran up to the passenger seat and buckled myself in. "Damn, this is a nice truck."

"I guess."

"How do you afford all this? Like, do you have a lot of money or something? A job?"

"Something like that," he said coolly. I rolled my eyes and looked out the window. "It's seven twenty five by the way."

I nodded. "We should get there early considering how fast you're driving." I glanced at him then back at window. "Seriously, slow down a bit. The last thing we need is a ticket."

"Tch. I'm not going to get a ticket. I drive to school this fast everyday," he said. "Sometimes faster."

My eyes went wide. "Faster?!" I asked surprised. "Gosh, Levi. Calm the fuck down." He didn't reply and kept driving.

***

"Where is he?" I asked annoyed. We were outside of the school waiting for Erwin to drive by. "You said he gets here at seven thirty."

"It's seven twenty-nine, dip shit," Levi replied. "He gets here at seven thirty sharp."

I rolled my eyes. I was sitting on the concrete while Levi was standing up. Mr. Erwin probably wouldn't see him. You know, because he's a midget.

I tapped my fingers on my thigh and waited for a car to drive towards the back. I didn't even fully know why we were here this early.

Suddenly, I saw a white-as-snow car drive towards the back. "Shorty," I called out.

"That's it."

I stood up. Levi started to walk towards the back. I don't know why teachers park in the back. I would think it'd be easier if they parked in the front.

As we walked to the back in silence, Levi stopped me and grabbed my arm. "Stay here. Make sure Erwin doesn't come back."

I raised an eyebrow at him. "You said he doesn't come back till seven fourty five or something."

"He doesn't, but if he is as smart as I think he is, he knows we're here. He could come back even if he doesn't," he said annoyed. "Either way, if he comes, stall him."

He continued to walk without me. I just glared at him for a few seconds. I then stayed where he wanted me and made sure Erwin didn't come.

I saw the little midget walk quickly to Erwin's car. Whenever he got there, he looked around to make sure no one was near. His gaze landed on me for a few seconds, then back to the car. He got on the ground slowly. He then slid under the car. "What the fuck is he doing?" I said quietly. I saw him get out from under and make his way back.

"That was disgusting," he said dusting himself off. "I didn't want to go on the ground, but it was necessary."

"Yeah....." I said slowly. "Question, why did you get on the ground? Like, you just told me that we were coming early. You didn't say why." It kind of annoyed me. If shorty was going to help me with this, we needed to know what we were going to do. We needed to tell each other everything.

That relates to what we we're doing.

"I put a tracker under his car that way we know where he goes," he said nonchalantly.

I blinked twice. "What the fuck did you just say?"

"If we just follow him, he's obviously going to catch on," he said harshly. "We have to keep our distance. But if we have a tracker, we'll always know where he goes."

"How the fuck did you get a tracker?" I was very confused at this point.

"I said I know people."

***

"Where were you yesterday?" Hanji asked sitting down next to me. "Did you and shorty have another 'chat?' or something?" She wiggled her eyebrows up and down.

I rolled my eyes. "I talked to him, but it wasn't anything romantic." I got my black notebook from my backpack. I opened it to a new page and set it down.

"Sure," Hanji said with a grin. "You guys have been hanging out more often," she added.

I looked at her with a raised eyebrow. "What?"

"Like, you two seem to be together more often." She shrugged. "Just my opinion."

"Well your opinion is stupid," I harshly said. "Name five times we hung out together."

She laughed loudly and put a finger on her chin. "Yesterday during first period. I also saw you guys walking together. You guys skipped first period another day too."

"When?" I interrupted.

She shrugged again. "I don't know, maybe a week ago. That's all I can think of."

"That's three things Hanji. That means we've hung out three times. That's not that much."

"For you and shorty it is!" she exclaimed. "He doesn't like to hang out with anyone, Autumn."

I scoffed. "What about you?" I said. "You guys talk."

"Yeah, we talk, but we don't physically hang out. We don't skip a period." I snickered. "You're gross," she said with a laugh.

"You said it, not me."

"But I didn't mean it like that," she said while laughing. "You turned it into something it wasn't."

I rolled my eyes and laughed. "Yeah, okay."

"But seriously," Hanji said to me. "Is there something going on? You would tell me if something was happening, right?"

I gave her a faint smile. "Of course I would...."