Chapter 23

"Petra Ral," I said scrolling down the page. "Relatively short, light ginger hair, and amber colored eyes. A lot of people say she's kind and caring. Her and Erwin are close friends. It doesn't exactly say how they know each other though. She works at a bar not too far from here," I stated.

Levi stood at the foot of the bed, his arms crossed over his chest, frowning. I don't exactly know why. I mean, I didn't expect him to be smiling, but there wasn't anything to frown about. "She knew Erd though.." I said quietly. "Once again, I don't know how, but she does."

Levi stayed quiet. I looked up at him. He wasn't looking at me, his gaze was towards the window. He was probably thinking about what to do. I looked back down at the screen and sighed. Petra was a pretty woman. I don't picture here being in a gang.

"We should go tonight," he finally said. "We need to know how she knows Erwin, if she is involved in this, if she isn't, then what does she know. I bet the bar stays open all night, we have to get there before her shift ends."

I nodded and closed the laptop. I stood up in front of the shorty. "We need to go now before she leaves. I'll drive." He scoffed. "You drive too slow. I'll drive." I rolled my eyes and we headed for the door.

***

Levi and I walked into the bar together. The smell of booze was extremely strong. I didn't like it at all. Surprisingly, there weren't too many people in there. Some of them couldn't speak a proper sentence. Others were on the verge of passing out. I spotted Petra behind the counter, a small smile on her lips, polishing a glass.

We both walked over to the counter. I sat in the bar stool in front of her. Levi sat next to me. Because it was late, I decided to get this done fast. "Slow day, huh?" I asked looking at her. She was still looking at the glass though.

She looked up from it and saw me first; her smiling slowly fading. She looked next to me and saw Levi. Her smile was completely gone. "Is something bothering you?" I asked. She looked back at me and gave an uneasy smile. "Of course not," she lied.

"Yeah, well something is bothering me," I said glaring at her. She tensed up and gave me a nervous smile. She cleared her throat. "I can get your drinks quickly, if that's what you want."

"Is there a private room in this disgusting place?" Levi asked. He narrowed his eyes at her. She nodded. "Take us to it," he demanded. She opened her mouth to protest, but he cut her off. "I suggest you do it now, Petra."

I could tell she was surprised we knew her name, but she obeyed. She led us to a somewhat small, empty room. The walls were white, but slowly turning brown. There was an old, green couch at one side of the room. There were light brown stools by a counter.

Levi stood in front of the door, a frown on tugging on his edges, his arms crossed over his chest, his legs crossed. I stood with my arms crossed looking at a nervous Petra. "Right, first things first," I said walking towards her. "Why are you acting this way?"

She studied me for a moment. "You are Autumn Brown, yes?" she said. I nodded, unfazed that she knew my name. "W-Why are you here?" she asked eyeing me. "Why are you in Vegas?"

I snickered. "I believe we'll be asking the questions," I said rolling my eyes. I narrowed my eyes at her. "I didn't think you would be scared this easily." I shrugged. "So, how do you know my name? I'm positive I don't know you."

She didn't reply. I sighed and pulled out my gun. I pointed it at her and she shook in fear. "Answer the damn question," I hissed. "I'm pretty sure you don't want your brain blown to bits."

"I-I knew your mother," she said. I lowered my gun slightly that way I could see her face. The gun was aimed towards her stomach. She gulped. "I was a con artist," she admit. I raised my eyebrow at her. I let the gun rest at my sides, but I wouldn't hesitate to shoot her.