[ ♡ ] 『 Christmas 』

{ s u m m a r y }
In which Jeongguk was dumped on
Christmas Day , an occasion he and
his boyfriend love the most.  
______

          Last Christmas ; it was supposingly an occasion that Jeongguk and Taehyung had promised to spend with each other. But on Christmas evening , Taehyung declared he wanted to break up with Jeongguk , right in front of both their families.

Jeongguk was just hurt , he didn't had a clue about the reason why Taehyung wanted to leave him — on an occasion that was so special to them. He locked himself up and cried , he wasn't willing to let anyone comfort him.

He left himself in the room , sobbing day and night ; skipping meals so often that he didn't even remembered when was the last time he ate something.

-

Taehyung felt so lost after breaking up , he lost all his inspiration to write songs anymore — writing songs was his hobby , he enjoys it and his inspiration had always been Jeongguk ever since they've gotten together. He'd never have any problems writing songs when Jeongguk's with him.

But now , Jeongguk's absent from his life , it made him feel so lost , so gone that he didn't even know if he still knew himself. He needed Jeongguk back , he missed him so badly.

But he knew he had no reason to want him back , he left him ... he was the one that've chosen to leave him. The only reason he knows ... is that he still loves Jeongguk.

-

( Present ) Christmas Night

It's Christmas Night , Jeongguk's walking down the street filled with lights and colours , laughters coming from couples and families down the street.

It was the street that he and Taehyung always spent their time together — memories came flashing back like waves crashing onto the shore.

But when he reaches a certain toy shop , he couldn't help but stand at the spot that he and Taehyung did last Christmas.

[ Flashback ]

"Tae , look at this toy bunny! Isn't it cute?" Jeongguk pointed as he asked his boyfriend to look at the toy bunny on display.

But he felt a pair of eyes on him instead.

"You look cuter , my bunny." Taehyung stated , before bringing his lips to meet Jeongguk's.

"I love you." Jeongguk said when he pulled away from the kiss.

"I love you , so much. I'll never leave you , i promise." Taehyung said as he brought up his pinky , to have a pinky promise with Jeongguk.

"I promise too." Jeongguk let out a soft laughter , the one that made Taehyung's heart skipped beats. It reminded him of how much he loves Jeongguk.

[ End Of Flashback ]

That toyshop , it still stood there like last Christmas — just that the bunny wasn't there anymore , it's just a toy lion instead. As the memories comes back , tears comes trickling down Jeongguk's cheeks.