[ ♡ ] 『 Show Me Your Tears 』

{ s u m m a r y }
In which Jungkook cares too much
about upholding the title of
' Golden Maknae '.
______

           Ever since Jungkook started holding onto the title of ' Golden Maknae ' , he hardly ever showed anyone his true feelings anymore. He didn't want to be called ' weak ' or having to be called a ' cry - baby '.

But the fact that tears doesn't define one's weakness simply doesn't get into his head. He've seen the members cried , but he chose to hold in his own tears all the time — because the thought of upholding the title of ' Golden Maknae ' meant so much to him.

Although Jungkook cries himself to sleep so often due to stress , he've never told anyone that. He found that extremely humiliating and didn't want anyone to know about it.

But Taehyung knew , he knew about the mask that Jungkook uses to cover his true self and how he cries himself to sleep so frequently which he hates a lot.

He observes every emotion his boyfriend showed , and knew that none of those were the real ones.

It's not that Taehyung liked seeing his love one cry , but he simply dislike it when Jungkook chooses his pride over his own feelings ; Taehyung knows how miserable it feels like to bottle up feelings , and he didn't want Jungkook to feel that way.

Taehyung wants Jungkook to at least show his feelings to him if he isn't willing to show it to the other members.

Afterall , Taehyung is Jungkook's boyfriend.

-

It's been a long day and LY Tour had finally ended for the night , the members were getting ready to get into their ride back to the hotel.

Jungkook's quiet like usual , and none of the members asked him about it , knowing that they'll get pushed away in the end. But the silence from him just scares them too much sometimes.

But it takes more than a silent to keep Taehyung away. He was determined to make Jungkook talk to him tonight ; even though usually , he'd just accept the fact that Jungkook didn't want to tell anyone about it , but not tonight.

Taehyung felt miserable seeing how Jungkook kept his own feelings to himself. He didn't want Jungkook to deal with those emotions alone , because Taehyung's willing to go through them with him.

Since they're sharing a room , it'll make the talk much convenient.

-

"Kook , should we talk?" Taehyung suggested , settling down on the ground whilst Jungkook's seating on the bed.

"Hm? Is there something wrong?" Jungkook asked , his voice laced with worry.

Taehyung sighed , "There are so many things that's bothering you , and yet you've chose to keep them to yourself. Doesn't that make me seem like an ignorant boyfriend?"

"N-No ... You're not , Tae." Jungkook says immediately , "You're my wonderful boyfriend , please don't think that way." He continued , giving Taehyung a comforting smile.

"I don't care if i've to beg , but will you please stop bottling up your feelings? You know how miserable it feels , and yet you're doing it all the time." Taehyung says , his eyes filled with concern and disappointment.

Just as Taehyung spoke , Jungkook felt tears crowding his eyes. He didn't had the courage to look into Taehyung's eyes , knowing that he'll not be able to stop his tears by then.

"Jungkook , please?" Taehyung says , bringing one of his hands up to caress Jungkook's cheeks.

"I-I.." Jungkook started , but stopped as soon as he felt a lump in his throat , as if it was stopping him from speaking.

"Baby.." Taehyung trails off , getting up from the ground and seating next to Jungkook , making sure that Jungkook's facing him.

"The members care for you , I care for you. We're not asking much , we just want you to stop bottling up these feelings. It hurts them seeing you like this , but it hurts me much more." Taehyung confessed , his eyes glistening with tears as he tells Jungkook what he've never once told him.

Just then , Jungkook broke down in front of Taehyung — for the second time in the year , he allow Taehyung to see him cry , to comfort him.

The thought of upholding the title of ' Golden Maknae ' wasn't even his priority anymore , he just wanted someone to be there with him for once , despite the fact that Taehyung has been there the whole time.

Taehyung gently pulled Jungkook into his embrace , stroking his hair softly as Jungkook cried against his chest.

That bottle of emotion seemed like it just exploded right before Taehyung , not that he minded though ; he simply wondered how long have these emotions been hidden for , probably long enough for Jungkook to be a crying mess now.

-

A few moments later , Jungkook's cries started to calm down. However , neither of the two spoke a word , they were just enjoying each other's presence and the comforting silence.

"T-Taehyung?" Jungkook spoke.

"Hm?"

"Are you still willing to love me , if i'm no longer the ' Golden Maknae ' ?"

Taehyung frowns at the question , tearing himself away from Jungkook.

"Baby , that doesn't matter to me." Taehyung states , intertwining his fingers with Jungkook's.

"What matters to me the most.." Taehyung trails off as he gently swept Jungkook's bangs to the side with his free hand , "Is that you're willing to share your feelings with me." He added.

"That title ... " Taehyung started , and Jungkook immediately tensed up , "It can never change how much I love you."

Taehyung didn't want to hear what Jungkook has to say , he simply leaned in and connected their lips — pouring all of his love into the kiss.

Both males pulled away before it got too intense.

"Thank you for everything , Tae." Jungkook says , finally showing a genuine smile.

"Do you need me to give you a gentle reminder that I'm actually your boyfriend too?" Taehyung teases , chuckling when he realises that Jungkook's cheeks had turned slightly pink.

He knew exactly what Taehyung meant.

"I love you."

"I love you too , Jungkook."

With that , Taehyung wraps his arms around Jungkook's waist and drifted off to sleep.

- End -

a / n : istg i tried making this not as
cringy but it didn't really worked yea 🤫

if yall haven't realise , i'm really
into the word ' baby ' 👀
anyone w/ me 👋

dedicated to :
PAU  🙈💕
^ happy birthday hoe , ily