[ ♡ ] 『 Don't Pretend You Don't Care 』

{ s u m m a r y }
In which Taehyung is leaving for
New York and Jungkook hope
he's not too late.
______

"Don't you want to see him? You never know when you'll be able to see him again ..." Wonwoo reminded his brother about Taehyung's departure.

"How long do i have?" Jungkook asked , praying hard that he still have time.

"About one and a half hour , takes about forty - five minutes to reach the airport."

"Shit." Jungkook mumbled and immediately went to slip into his timberland shoes before running out of the apartment.

-

Jungkook was lucky enough to flag a taxi down the road near his apartment. He immediately informed the driver that he needed to reach the airport as soon as possible as he prayed for a smooth traffic.

He texted Wonwoo , asking him the exact location where Taehyung will board his flight.

-

As soon as he've arrived at the airport , he ran in despite knowing that there'll be people looking at him. But he didn't have the time to care , he had more important stuff to attend to which is to find Taehyung.

"Ugh , please tell me he hasn't left yet." Jungkook mumbled to himself as he searched high and low through the crowd.

However , just when Jungkook wanted to give up searching , he found him. Kim Taehyung. He couldn't even be bothered by the people around him as he started running towards Taehyung unknowingly.

Jungkook didn't call out to him , neither did he tap him to let Taehyung know about his presence ; he simply hugged Taehyung from the back.

"Taehyung ... " He spoke.

Taehyung immediately knew who it was upon hearing that voice , no way he could've not recognised it— that particular voice he never expected to hear again at this moment , but he did.

"Why are you leaving?" Jungkook asked , tone sounding hurt and brittle.

Upon hearing Jungkook's brittle voice , Taehyung turned and faced Jungkook. Their face are only inches apart as Jungkook's arms still remained on his waist , not willing to let Taehyung go.

"No point staying , isn't it?" Taehyung replied , voice barely audible but Jungkook heard it , thanks to how close they are right now.

"I-I.." Jungkook stuttered out , thinking about what he exactly wants to say , "I-I know i was wrong about our argument last week. I was ... I was just way too possessive and i'm sorry , i couldn't help it." Jungkook says , looking down due to fear , not wanting to see how Taehyung's reacting to what he's saying.

"I don't expect you to forgive me right now , hopefully soon ... B-But i just want you to ..." Jungkook stopped , not knowing if he should even continue.

But Taehyung's too impatient to wait and continued for him.

"You just want me to stay?" Taehyung asked and Jungkook looked up immediately upon hearing it , eyes glisten with slight hope but he's careful to not bring his hopes too high.