[ ♡ ] 『 Promised To Be Back 』

{ s u m m a r y }
In which Taehyung has been
waiting for Jungkook to come back.
______

Two years , was how long Jungkook's been gone for.

In just one more week , it'll be the 25th of December , which meant that Jungkook will likely be missing Christmas for the third time in a row. Every year when December began , Taehyung prayed for the younger to be back , standing at his doorstep with open arms.

But for the past two years , things never come like he wanted it to — Jungkook never once came back for Taehyung like he promised.

' Promises are meant to be broken ' rang at the back of Taehyung's head almost all the time , but he never really believed in that statement. The elder always felt like people had a choice to not break their promises , and he didn't want Jungkook to be the first to change that mindset of his.

A part of Taehyung had enough of waiting and is ready to give up , however , his heart isn't ready to let go just yet , even after two lonely years of waiting ; because from the bottom of his heart , he still held the slightest hope that Jungkook's gonna come back for him.

-

Taehyung makes sure that the house is decorated for Christmas like every other year , thinking that Jungkook may come home anytime ; and the Christmas Tree that he never fails to make it shine the brightest in the entire apartment.

The older male couldn't help but drift his mind to the times when he had Jungkook to help him out with decorating and baking — the younger male loves chocolate mint cookies , especially the ones made by Taehyung.

And Taehyung made sure that he bakes chocolate mint cookies every year , simply because Jungkook loved it. But as he watches the cookies bake , he remembers that the raven - haired male isn't actually there with him.

It's been two years without the younger one , and he've yet to get used to it , but he was certain that he will never accustom to it.

The little things that the elder does reminded him of Jungkook , and it made his heart clench at the empty feeling. He's more than desperate to get answers for the questions he had in mind for as long as the younger had been gone.

"Where is Jungkook?"

"Will he ever come back?"

"Why must he be the only one that makes me feel this way?"

-

[ 24th Dec — Christmas Eve ]

One more hour till Christmas , and there isn't even a single sign of Jungkook showing up. Taehyung started believing that the younger may have really forgotten about him , and might never come back like he promised.

It hurts the older male to even think about it , but if that is the reality he has to accept , he might as well just accept it now.

Just as Taehyung started walking down the well - decorated streets alone , snow started falling. He wasn't really appropriately dressed for the weather , but he could care less at this point.

As he walked past different stores , he saw smiles on everybody's face , which made him yearn for a certain male with a bunny - like - smile.