[ ♡ ] 『 Unforgettable Love 』

{ s u m m a r y }
In which an arranged marriage
broke two lovers apart.
______

Ever since the Jeons' announced the piece of shocking news to Jungkook and Taehyung , both males have not seen each other since.

They didn't want to break up , they didn't like the idea of an arranged marriage , but they had to. It was forced upon Jungkook , all because of their parents' greediness towards wealth.

Everything they once had ... vanished into thin air because they were each other's everything.

-

Kim Yugyeom , the man that Jungkook will be marrying in a few weeks. The two may have been together for months , but Yugyeom knew that Jungkook has never once let Taehyung out of his heart.

"Jungkookie , are you okay?" Yugyeom questions as he intertwine his fingers with his fiancé's.

"H-Huh? Y-Yeah i am , sweetheart. Don't worry." Jungkook says , giving an assuring smile to the younger male.

"You're thinking about him again , aren't you?" Yugyeom sighs , stopping in the middle of the street.

"I-I'm sorry , Yugyeom. I-I just.." Jungkook stammered , but stopped when the other male gently shook his head with a sad smile plastered on his face.

"Don't be sorry , you didn't choose me. He was your choice , in fact , he's probably still your choice." Yugyeom says , chuckling softly.

"I'll get over him , just give me some time." Jungkook says , but the words were like acid on his tongue as he spoke.

The younger male being the nice guy he is , shooked his head once again , "Don't. Get him back." He says.

Jungkook widen his eyes slightly , surprised at the response his fiancé gave.

"We'll talk in the cafe? The street is getting crowded." Yugyeom suggested , but has already started walking towards the cafe which was just a few metres away.

-

As soon as both of them settled down and had their drinks right before them , Yugyeom started speaking.

"Before I was told about the arranged marriage , I had a boyfriend named BamBam. But my parents never liked him , just because he isn't Korean."

"So where is he from?" Jungkook interrupts , despite knowing how rude it was.

"He's from Thailand , and that makes things worst for our relationship. We never get to meet as often since he visits his family once in a while and he gets pretty busy in school." Yugyeom sighs , heart aching at the thought of BamBam.

"But we love each other too much to care about the things that's in our way. Soon after my parents forced me to break up with him , I was told about this arranged marriage. I was praying that you weren't in a relationship before , so you'd not be that hurt." Yugyeom added , and that was when Jungkook learns that the other male has an extremely caring heart.

"Unfortunately , you were. I knew Taehyung's the one inside your heart , not me. But I could see why , you told me so many amazing things about him."

Jungkook chuckles , mind drifting off to the times he spent with Taehyung. But soon , he snapped back to reality.

"Are you really okay , if I get back with Taehyung?" Jungkook asked as Yugyeom's words from before popped up in his head.

"Of course."

"I can't thank you enough for this." Jungkook says , eyes glistening with tears of happiness.

"At first , I thought I've easily gotten over BamBam. But seeing how you yearn for your relationship with Taehyung , you made me miss my relationship with BamBam. I shouldn't have left him." Yugyeom admits as guilt starts consuming him.

"I shouldn't have left Tae either." Jungkook mumbles under his breath.

"I'm sorry?"

"N-Nothing."

Jungkook and Yugyeom had decided that they'll call off the wedding , without having the consent of their parents' knowing that it'll not be agreed to no matter what.

All they want back is the one they truly love.

-

As soon as they left the cafe , Jungkook parted ways with Yugyeom and headed towards Taehyung's apartment ; without wiping away the smile on his face.

It didn't take too long before Jungkook arrived at Taehyung's doorstep , he was more than prepared to see the latter once again.

Within two knocks , the door swings open.

"K-Kook .." Taehyung called out , stuttering.

"I miss you , Tae." Jungkook confessed , immediately pulling Taehyung into a tight hug , nuzzling into his neck.

It took a couple of seconds for Taehyung to fully register the fact that Jungkook's hugging him , he returned the act shortly after.

"I-I miss you too." Taehyung admits , tears already welling up in his eyes.

But before Jungkook could reply , Taehyung gently pushed him away.

"J-Jungkook , where's your fiancé?" Taehyung asked , heart clenching at the last word.

"The wedding's called off." Jungkook replies , smiling tenderly.

Just then , Jungkook started speaking as he entered Taehyung's apartment. The latter was happy , of course. But the idea that it was called off without Jungkook's parents' consent worries him.

Jungkook was going against his parents , and things may not end off well for either of them.

"My parents will find out sooner or later , but I can't care much about their greed. You were my choice , and I'll make sure it stays this way."

"B-But.."

"No more buts , Tae. What's the point if I stayed with him , when my heart was never with him?" Jungkook added.

There wasn't any sort of verbal reply , but a pair of soft lips met Jungkook's. It was crystal clear that both of them yearned for each other for the past months , and they'd be sure that nothing goes between them.

- End -

a / n : my oneshots are getting from
bad to worst after every update ,
but hope y'all like this chap :')

do y'all enjoy these oneshots honestly ?