The Aftermath

Oliver POV:

Its been two days since Blaise bloody Zabini was hanged by the order for three murders, one of which he did not commit, and Ginny hasn't moved from the seat by the window in our flat. She's wearing his quidditch jersey and looking through pictures of him and her that the rest of the rebellion took, tears occasionally rolling down her cheeks and onto the pictures. "Ginny, Hermione and your brothers are here to see you... Hermione said to tell you that today's the day you find out what the baby will be." I tell her softly as I place a cup of tea into her hands and lift her from her seat. "Tell them to sod off. I don't want to know, it's not like I plan on keeping it any longer than I have to. As soon as it's born I'm giving it to Hermione and the twins." Ginny says angrily as she trys to jerk herself out of my arms. "Ginny, Stop. I know you love Blaise, and I know it hurts... but you can't make that innocent baby suffer because you don't want to look at it and see Blaise. I thought you were a bloody Gryffindor? What you are doing is a cowards move and is something I would expect of a bloody wimp." 

"How do you expect me to look at it? How can you expect me to watch it grow up and to see him in it everyday and no go mad? I loved him, but I left him to protect this damn child and I'll regret that until the day I die, but I can't do it alone. I wont." Ginny says to me softly, a look of resentment in her eyes. "Who said you would do it alone? You forget you and I are married... We may not love each other the way you loved Blaise and he loved you, but I intend to raise the child as if it were my own. The fact that it's Blaises is nothing but a biological fact." I tell her reassuringly as I carry her into the kitchen where she finds Hermione, Fred, George, Charlie, Percy, and her nieces waiting for her. "Fred, get Diata while I check up on Ginny." Hermione says to one of her husbands as she passes the baby off to him. "George and I will take the girls to play in the sitting room, Charlie and Percy can come if they want." Fred says as he walks into our sitting room, his brothers and daughters in tow. 

I sit Ginny on the table and step to the side so Hermione can do whatever it is she has to do. I watch in awe as Hermione waves her wand around Ginny's stomach and a blue light encases Ginny completely. "Well, Ginny... It looks like in about four and a half months you will be having a healthy little boy." Hermione says with a tight, sad smile. "A boy? You're kidding?" Ginny exclaims as she shoots up off the table. "Not at all kidding... I know a spell that can show you what the baby will look like when he or she turns eleven, would you like me to use it on you? It might help you pick a name." Hermione tells Ginny as she aims her wand at Ginnys stomach. "Why the bloody hell not. Lets do it." Ginny snaps angrily. "Revela Futura." Hermione whispers and I watch in amazement as a hologram of a boy steps out of the end of her wand. It takes me a moment to realize the boy is the spitting image of Blaise Zabini, but when I do I can't help but feel sorry for Ginny.

"No. I don't want him, Hermione you and the boys can have him." Ginny spits out, trying her best not to cry looking at her son. The boy is tall for an eleven year old, he's got his father's bright green eyes, loose curly black hair, nose, lips, and face shape... The only thing he took from Ginny is her smirk. "Ginny, I can't. This one is on you. I won't allow you to be a coward and your son to grow up thinking his mother doesn't want him." Hermione snaps at my now crying wife. "I can't. He looks just like Blaise did and you know it. It will hurt me to look at him." Ginny says painfully to her sister in law, but the only response Hermione gives her is, "That should make you love and cherish him even more." Ginny looks down, almost ashamed of what she had said and says, "You're right."

"Ginny, Lets go get something to eat while Oliver and the boys watch my little girls. I get the feeling you need girl time." Hermione tells Ginny as she helps her to her feet and guides her to the door. As soon as the door is shut I make my way into the living room and see the four Weasley brothers looking up at me, almost asking with their eyes what the baby will be. "It's a boy. Looks just like Zabini if the holographic spell Hermione used is correct." I tell them and plop down in the seat next to Percy. "Poor Ginny. I couldnt imagine George and I raising the girls without her... Wouldn't wish it on anyone." Fred says to me as he holds one of his daughters, who look to be getting bigger and bigger by the day, "When is the girls birthday?" I ask the twins and watch in amusement as Fred eyes light up and as George rolls his slightly. "They will be two on Halloween! Hermione, George, and I can't wait!" Fred exclaims as he holds one of the babies out to me. "Give her here." I say with a light laugh as I take the baby from his arms.

"Are you and Ginny going to Glamour the baby when he comes?" Charlie asks me from across the room, his eyes meeting mine for the first time. "No, I don't think we will be." I say to him with a smile as I pull my wand out of my pocket and pull up the image I took with my wand of Hermiones hologram. "BLOODY HELL! THATS ALL BLAISE, NO WEASLEY BLOOD IN THE KID!" Fred exclaims as he looks at Ginny and Blaises child. Before I can say anything else, Ginny and Hermione walk in and Ginny announces "I know what I'll be naming the baby," and takes a deep breath before continuing "Blaise Oliver Zabini/Wood. Seeing as Wood is now my last name its only right."  I smile at her announcement and pull my wife into a hug... The happiness is short lived though when a ghostly figure  materializes in my living room.

"That's a lovely name for our son, Ginny. Hermione, I found the information you asked me to get while haunting the Order. Ill meet you back at base." The ghost of Blaise Zabini says before looking lovingly at Ginny and vanishing. "WHAT BLOODY INFORMATION?" Ginny screeches at Hermione dangerously. "The information that Blaise died for... The truth about who exactly 'Harry Potters' real parents are and who exactly the real Harry Potter is." Hermione tells Ginny just before she twists on her spot and disappears, the rest of the Weasleys following her, and the truth hitting me like a brick... Blaise Zabini died to be the ultimate spy.

(Please leave me comments and let me know what you think.)