From The Ashes

Hermione POV

It's been two weeks since the final battle, and we surprisingly took no casualties. Our side, the "Grey Area" in this war allowed the Light and the Dark to finish each other off in the final battle. While they destroyed each other and everything in their path, we were helping children escape the battle and moving them to a magical village on a hidden island, just off the west coast of Scotland. Port Keys were our best friend during the battle, without them we wouldn't have gotten out anywhere near as many people as we did, nor would we have avoided major points in the battle as we were able to. Neither the light or the dark ever even knew we were there, we moved as we had been trained, Quickly and Quietly. The only incident that even occurred during the battle that could have set someone off to the knowledge we were at Hogwarts, was when Arthur Weasley spotted Ginny... He pointed his wand at her to kill her, and I believe he would have had he not noticed her obviously pregnant stomach as she handed a port-key to a group of Gryffindor third years.   

Ever since the battle we have been rebuilding... The Magical world in Great Britain was destroyed and more than just Hogwarts needed to be mended. The ministry was something that required immediate attention. I was selected to be Minister, at the age of 19, until elections could be held and someone new could take power.  We are at the stage in our recovery where we are holding trials for any surviving member of either side, dealing out punishments that were either helping with the reconstruction of Hogwarts, or prison time... We have found no middle ground yet. Either you were a war criminal or roped into the wrong side at the wrong time. People like Neville Longbottom, the people who went on the run before the final battle, have been pardoned of all crimes. Today is the trial of Fleur Weasley, the pregnant Fleur Weasley... Her trial would more than likely land her in Azkaban, along side her husband and parent in laws. Should she end up in Azkaban, her child would go to the next of kin... and seeing as Charlie is out of the country on a mission, the baby would land in the custody of Percy Weasley.

"Who's the jury for Fleur's case, Love?" Fred asks me, One of our daughters in his right arm and one of our sons in his left. "I will be the judge, obviously, then Dean, Lee, Blaise, Draco, Oliver, Theo, Luna, Seamus, and Probably Cedric... Providing he keeps his calm, will be her jury." I reply as I look around the room we're standing in, George and our other two children are around here somewhere. "So, You're telling me she'll nine out of ten be convicted guilty and sentenced to Azkaban?" Fred asks as he passes the two of our children he's holding over to their Aunt Ginny and Uncle Theo.  "More than likely, yes. Oh, and, Joon and his wife have applied for citizenship in the new English magical community." no sooner does the information leave my lips than does Fred spin me around into a tight hug. "They took our advice then?" He asks me as he releases me. "I suppose they did. I know they have been looking into adopting Teddy Lupin and a Hufflepuff first year who's parent's were killed by Death Eaters, Della White, I think her name was."   

Before Fred and I can continue our conversation about Joon and his growing family, we are interrupted by Luna and Theo running over to us. "Luna and I had an amazingly fantastic Idea! Why don't we all teach at Hogwarts?! Like... Hermione would be Headmaster obviously. Fred and George can take Charms and Potions. Luna with Herbology. Ginny, Oliver, and Blaise teaching Flying. History of Magic could be taught by Draco Malfoy himself. Care of Magical Creatures would be taught by Lee, Seamus, and Dean... The three of them would be the best trio in the world when it comes to Care of Magical Creatures, and We could even hire Joon and his wife, Cora, they could easily teach a new subject... one that would be for only a select few students... Study of Cultural Magic and Rituals, along with Defense Against the Dark Arts." It only takes a moment of consideration before I find myself agreeing with them. "That would be the best way to keep politics out of Hogwarts... If we know the staff, then we will have no problems with the way the school is ran. Us working would also ensure that the school was united not divided... I like this Idea." 

*Time Skip: Fleur's Trial* 

"Do you Fleur Weasley accept your guilt of being an accessory to murder in the cases of thirteen year old Leah Greengrass, seventeen year old Pansy Parkinson, eighteen year old Blaise Zabini, and eleven year old Bailey Crabbe?" I ask her, watching her pale considerably when I list the murder of a first year, I suppose she hadn't known. "I do." Fleur says, looking up at me with tears shining in her pretty little blue eyes. "The Ministry finds Fleur Weasley guilty of being accessory to four counts of murder, and hereby sentence her to a lifetime in Azkaban." As soon as her sentence rolls off my lips, Fleur looks up at me harshly. "And what will happen to my baby?" "The baby will land in the custody of Percy Weasley. From then on out it's up to him what happens to the child." Fleur looks shaken, "He won't keep her." is the last thing she says before she is escorted to a holding cell so she can wait to be transported to Azkaban,  I want to feel sorry for her... but, she brought this upon herself.  In a few years when we retrial she might gain some freedom... but, She's guilty. 

*Time Skip: Later That Night* 

"Fred, George... Go get Joon and Cora. I just received a letter from Percy." Percy wants to give Fleur and Bills child to Joon and Cora. He says he can't accept responsibility for that child simply because of who it's parents are. "George and Fred said you needed the two of us?" Cora asks me as she takes a seat across from me, Joon taking the seat to her left. "Percy Weasley want's the child to Fleur and Bill Weasley to go to the two of you."  Cora and Joon look up at me in disbelief at my words. "Percy Weasley is willingly giving us his niece or nephew? Why?" Cora asks, Her eyes drifting to the paperwork on my desk. "He doesn't want to have the responsibility. Nor did Charlie, Ginny refused the child as well, and the Twins and I just don't have time for anymore." I explain, watching them exchange a look before snatching a pen off my desk and begin to fill out the paperwork. "You all don't know how much this means to us both." Cora informs me as she passes Joons's half of the papers to him. 

"We also wanted to know if you would consider teaching at Hogwarts?" 

*To Be Continued* 

^Cora Chung pictured above 

(Let Me Know What You Think!) (Sorry About The Wait! Has Been A Crazy Few Months!)