Chapter 4

My body seemed to really come alive as G held me. I wasn't aroused sexually, but I was very aware of Grant's effect on my physical state, if that made any type of decent sense.

His body heat provided a comforting warmth despite it being humid out and his touch sedated my being. It always has. Being embraced by him was somewhat of a drug for me. A pleasant surprise. Something I never realise I need until I receive it. He wraps me up in his big giant arms and all of my problems and worries seem to melt away.

The two of us held hands as we entered Cordeila's. It was an upscale restaurant and bar scene that neither me nor G too much indulged. Neither of us were particularly fond of drinking and we were both too antisocial for places that involved mass gatherings.

It was nice, however. Dare I say, too nice. One of those dimly lit establishments with tiering chandeliers, expensive furniture, and delicate China. Similar to a fancy speakeasy.

The hostess greeted us enthusiastically and directed us towards our reserved table in a more private area.

I love how whenever I walk into a room, eyes follow me everywhere. I'm better than them and they know it. Never gets old.

"What do you know about these people?" I whispered to him.

"Um. Not much. Ain't been married too long. Maybe some kids. I don't really know. I ain't never met them personally but Dad has spoken to them on the phone quite a bit."

We were ushered into a small dinette, very secluded.

"Oh no," I mumbled to myself when we came face to face with the McKellans.

"Not a fuckin' word," Grant snarled at me. "And you better be on your best damn behaviour."

I absolutely hate, and detest, and despise, and loathe being seen with other interracial couples. Especially, black women and white men.

My pride forced me to see myself as part of some sick and twisted fetishy BWWM swingers club. I'm surrounded by them and lately its seeming like I can't escape them. Aunt Meadow and Uncle Blake. Brisah and Isaac. Pearly Ann and Zane are family, sure, but I still felt the same way around them. It's silly, this I knew. It's something I've expressed to Grant before and he nonchalantly said that I was reaching. I absolutely am and have no problem admitting that but I can't help how I felt. With the exception of our siblings who I can never seem to be rid of, I had always managed to strategically avoid being seen in public with any of the above mentioned.

Now here I am, meeting another couple, only this one looked far too similar to mine. This man had to be at least fifteen years his wife's senior. And sure Isaac and Brisah held a gap as well but their's wasn't as apparent.

Grant's hold on my hand tightened to insure that I didn't sprint in the opposite direction.

McKellan and presumably his wife, sat chatting colloquially amongst themselves. As we entered the room, their attention focused on us and they each stood.

"Hey, there!" bellowed the attractive behemoth. "I'm Rylan McKellan of McKellan Co." he introduced as the two men shook hands. "And this here's my wife, Millie McKellan."

"Hi! Nice to meet you."

"Grant Augustus, I take it?"

"Sure is. A pleasure meeting you folks. This is my wife, Ruby Jean Augustus."

"Hello," I smiled uncomfortably while doing all I could not to inch towards the door.

The McKellans were undoubtedly one of the most attractive couples I have ever seen. They each were dressed in expensive designer clothing. His cobalt suit tailor made for his body only and her blueish silver dress fit her slender figure closely.