Chapter 18

The next morning I awakened unusually refreshed and satisfied. I typically get a decent amount of sleep at night and wake up well energised. However, this morning was entirely different.

My body radiated euphoria from the inside out. I couldn't stop smiling and giggling to myself as I recalled the series of last night's events.

The things that man did to me.

I burrowed into our blankets and squealed in delight at the very memory. Oh G. You and your filthy breeding kink. You animal.

As if he knew I was wide awake and thinking of him, he walked through our bedroom door, fully dressed in a checkered yellow button down, red tie, and navy slacks. A matching blazer jacket was thrown over his forearm as he walked towards me.

I could see in his battered face that his mood wasn't as blissful as my own. His was more reserved and filled with remorse.

"Morning, G," I greeted him in a small voice. Given his manner, I was somewhat nervous to approach him.

Grant placed his blazer on the bed and shoved his hands into his pockets. "Morning, Mrs. Augustus," he answered as he stood on my side of the bed. "You slept well?"

I smiled at him. "Mhm."

He returned my smile although his wasn't as beaming. "I wanted to apologise about my behaviour last night. I may have been drunker than I realised and lost control. I shouldn't have been so rough with you."

"Don't apologise," I insisted as I rushed to him. It wasn't until I threw the covers away that I realised I was still ass naked. I flung my arms around his neck anyways and held onto him. "I loved what we did last night. It was wonderful," I ended with a kiss to his cheek.

"Really?" he asked as he held onto to my bare figure.

I nodded. "I did."

"I'm glad. But we need to talk," he said sternly.

I sat back on my legs but still held onto him. "I know."

"Baby, we gotta annul this thing."

"I don't want that."

As if he didn't hear me, he reached into his jacket pocket and pulled a few stapled copies of official documents. "I will sign them for you if you won't but it's gotta happen. And when it does... you're free to go."

I glared up at him. "Free to go?"

"Lets be real here, Mama. I forced you into this whole thing. You being in a relationship with me. You being married to me. You were hardly given a choice at all."

"That's not entirely true. I left and came back. I want to be with you."

"You went out with your ex to get a feel of things. You were testing the grounds of what a real relationship with a black man could be like. I'm not as dumb as you think I am. And as much as it kills me to say this, if that's what you want, then go for it."

"No!" I shook my head. "You said we would never break up again. Last night, I told you I wanted to be yours. You said we would have a baby, G."

"You can't seriously believe we're ready for that!"

"Of course I don't! I never have. But this is what you were telling me and I don't get how, all of a sudden, you're saying something totally different and at the same time telling me to pursue something else with someone else. You said no other man can have me!"

"Woman, I was drunk! I was angry and said things out of drunken anger. I'm not any position to tell you what you can and can't do—"

"You're my husband!"