17 | real life

xvii

xvii. karaoke

Sebastian sight went dark when a piece of soft material covered his eyes. Izzy had tied her red silk scarf over Sebastian's eyes, holding back her giggles.

"Marco?" Sebastian asked the man he had been having drinks with only seconds ago.

"You didn't really think we weren't going to do something for you birthday?" Izzy asked Sebastian, helping him up from the stool.

"Well I had suspicions. Nancy is a terrible liar for one" Sebastian said, making Marco and Izzy laugh.

"Is the blindfold necessary?" Sebastian asked, as he was being lead out of the hotel by Marco and Izzy.

"Yes" Marco and Izzy said in unison, making Sebastian chuckled.

"You guys could be trying to kill me" Sebastian mumbled.

"If I wanted to kill you, I would have done it in college" Marco said, helping Sebastian in the back seat of a taxi.

The journey there wasn't too long but Sebastian grew nervous. He couldn't see anything the entire way there and could only hear traffic and Izzy arguing with Marco. So when the car stopped, Sebastian's heart raced. He couldn't tell if it was good or not.

Izzy helped him out of the car and then the pair helped Sebastian into the karaoke place.

"Okay, come on guys. Can I take this off now?" Sebastian sighed, as he heard the sound of Izzy's heels walking away.

"Go ahead" Marco said.

Sebastian sighed and pulled the blindfold down. His blue eyes had to adjust to the lighting but when they focused, a smile formed on his lips. Marco, Izzy, Nancy, Chris & Anthony all stood in front of him in the karaoke bar.

"Surprise!" They all said, trying to say it at the same time but failing.

Sebastian eyes wandered over to the food and then decorations, and then back onto his friends.

"What are you two doing here?" Sebastian asked Anthony and Chris.

"Yeah we stole your friends" Anthony said.

"Who's idea was this?" Sebastian asked.

"Chris and Nancy's" Anthony said.

"Karaoke and pizza. You guys are legit the best" Sebastian said, tugging the blindfold off.

"And drinks" Izzy smiled.