Chapter 17 - Left For Dead

BRADIE’S POV

“Is he even going to be around here?” Andy questioned turning another corner.

We were in his car searching the Gorokan/Budgewoi area for Shaun. I honestly doubted he was around here. I don’t think he got on the train today, I think he’s still in Newcastle.

“How should I know?” I said getting pissed off.

“Well, you two are best friends,” he started, “I expected that you’d tell each other where you’d go if you ever ran away.”

“I don’t think Shaun ran away,” I said under my breath.

“What do you mean?” Andy asked pulling the car off the road, “do you know where he is?”

“I think he’s in trouble,” I replied quietly.

SHAUN’S POV

There they sat, injecting needles into their arms. I don’t even know what’s in them, I’m not sure if I want to. I’m glad they hadn’t given me one yet…

“Here,” the dark haired guy threw one of the dirty things at me.

I jumped back before it hit me.

“Geez, it won’t kill you,” he laughed, “not unless you have more than one…probably.”

“What’s in it?” I asked, still not wanting to touch it.

“Fun,” he answered.

I’m sick of hearing “fun”. I want to know what I’m injecting into my body. This is most likely illegal.

The other two looked tripped out, is this what they do most days? No wonder they have problems.

ANDY’S POV

Bradie knew something. I could tell. Maybe it’s not to do with Shaun’s whereabouts, but it could help us track him down.

“Bradie,” I started, “look, maybe you’re trying to protect Shaun, but if you know anything that could help us find him…”

“You know those guys that I asked about in the year book?” Bradie interjected and I nodded, “I think…I think he might be with them.”

“What?” I laughed not totally understanding what he meant, “why would Shaun hang out with dropkicks like that?”

“Remember what you said about them making one certain person’s life a living hell?” he turned his sight to the dirty floor of my car.

“Yeah…” I answered slightly confused, but then my brain clicked, “do you mean…Shaun…they picked out Shaun?”

He just nodded, not looking at me.

“Wait, how do you know?” I questioned, “did he tell you?”

“No, but…at the party they were there and he couldn’t be around them,” he explained, “all those injuries and ‘feeling sick’ was because of them.

That did make a lot of sense. Plus he’s been acting so different lately.

“Did you ask him about it?” I asked curiously.

“Yeah,” he answered, “he denied it though, that’s why we didn’t talk today.”

It all made sense now. Shaun’s actually really fragile, I never would’ve thought.

“There’s no point driving to Newcastle yet,” I said pulling my phone out of my pocket.

“What are you doing?” Bradie questioned.

“Gonna call around to see if anyone’s sure where they’re hanging out right now,” I replied putting my phone to my ear.

He nodded and I swear I could see his eyes tearing up in the moonlight. He and Shaun are so close.

“He’ll be alright,” I assured him putting my hand on his shoulder.

To be honest I don’t even know if he will be. I’ve known those guys since I first started high school. You definitely don’t want to get on their wrong side…

SHAUN’S POV

“I don’t want to,” I refused when I was offered the needle again.

“I said we were gonna have fun tonight, so you’re gonna take it,” the dark haired guy said getting pissed off.

He picked up the needle coming closer to me. I stood up getting ready to run. I don’t think I’ve ever been this scared before. I’d seriously prefer to be dead right now.

“No, please don’t!” I cried as he grabbed ahold of my arm tightly.

He laughed and ripped my sleeve up hurting my already damaged skin.

“You’re such an emo fag,” he stated as he saw the damage I had done to my arm and shook his head.

I tried all I could to get out of his grip, but in one split second he drove the dirty needle into my forearm. I fell limp straight away and plunged to the ground.

“Quick, let’s go!” he shouted as they all got up and ran towards the car.

I saw them as they quickly drove off leaving me with some poison making its way around my body at a fast pace. The last thing I saw was their rear lights as they turned the corner, then the darkness swallowed me…