(4) homecoming

The next day school was just the same

The next day school was just the same. More rumors more questions. But there was a new type of buzz. An excitement due to the known fact of Dakota Spaulding's pending return back to the academy. The buzz of my arrival and his brought an overwhelming atmosphere.

Dakota had been gone doing his campaigns for the past two weeks, and he was to arrive this afternoon (information given to me as per Nico).

The past eighteen hours since we met up and subsequently exchanged phone numbers was a... whirlwind?

Nico had decided that he wanted me to tag along with the other boys in greeting  Dakota when he arrived because "We want you to meet your 'really good model,'" he air quoted the really good model part.

Starting at the earliest part of the day, right before I left my dorm room to get to my Thursday block, Nico Caldwell stood outside. Armed with his killer smile and two cups of coffee from Sucre et Lait, the coffee shop that I helped him out at. Soon enough, he was walking me to my Maths class. As we walked sipping on our respectable drinks, my latte and his hot chocolate.

Nico walking me to class fueled the new rumor that I'm dating him, and apparently he's the reason why I moved here.

After Nico dropped me off to my class, Luca swept in (we shared the class) and sat next to me. The seemingly cold-closed off Ice King sat there quietly, but he was there. We didn't talk much, but it wasn't awkward, it was comfortable.

Rumors after Luca, who usually sat alone in classes he didn't have with his friends, sat with me soon started to stir. I was was pregnant with Luca's child and I was cheating on Nico. How crazy is that?

This walking to class continued, even up to lunch. But it didn't get to the extent of us sitting together. Or to the extent of me and Ellington walking down the halls side by side. The whole student body would have a heart attack if that happened... probably.

Day two at the academy meant lunch with  Sarah, Daisy, Lillian, MJ, Viola, and Cadence. Cadence became pretty outright with her glaring, especially because of all the walking to class. Man, it would piss her off if she found out that I'm going to see Dakota soon.

"Hey Sarah, I have to leave soon to meet up with Nico and the boys. Can you save me a seat in Lit?" I asked innocently, but slightly smirking in Cadence's direction.

"Wait wait wait! You are meeting the boys? Are you meeting Dakota?" Daisy yelped, her eyes in the shape of saucers. My nod immediately caused the girls to burst out.

"Blake you lucky bitch," MJ smirked

"Oh my god I envy you, Dakota Spaulding is perfection," Lillian moaned slightly.

"Come on, she probably is lying, just to get some attention," Cadence scoffed.

Viola seemed torn, seeming excited but wanting to keep agreeing with Cadence.