(32) the morning of

I had agreed to allot my day for Clark on the notion that our date would take place in the afternoon or evening

I had agreed to allot my day for Clark on the notion that our date would take place in the afternoon or evening. Anyone could imagine my surprise when I had opened my door at promptly nine in the morning barely clothed, to see Clark ready to go out.

"Clark what the hell?" I sleepily mumbled, pushing my hair out of my face.

Clark tilted his head to the side, "Aren't you a sight for sore eyes? Did you just wake up?"

He clearly did not, because he was already dressed and his hair was already styled to his preference. Immediately I could tell he was here to collect me for our date, due to his nicer attire consisting of black jeans ripped at the knees and a cerulean polo.

I couldn't help but let the sarcastic words tumble from my mouth, "Obviously, smartass."

"Ouch, she's not a morning person." Clark grinned, his dimples creating long indents on his cheeks. "Would you feel better if I said how beautiful you look right now?"

"Slightly." I crossed my arms, still slightly miffed about being awoken this early.

Without invitation, he crossed the threshold into my dorm. "Well you look gorgeous."

My heart immediately stuttered, and I couldn't stop the smile from pulling at my lips. "Even if I just got out of bed?"

"Even if you just got out of bed." He agreed, "Now you need to go get ready I have an entertaining day planned," He made his way towards my room, sitting on the edge of my unmade bed.

"Entertaining?" I deadpanned, as I entered my little walk in closet.

"Pleasurable?" He suggested, to which I made a face in response. "Fine, a delightful day planned."

"That's better. So is there a specific dress code involved?" I leafed through the racks inside of my closet. My clothes collection had noticeably grown since I had arrived here almost two months ago, due to the impromptu Paris trip and the shopping excursions the girls and I would frequently go for during our free periods.

"Well, I quite like what you're wearing right now." I couldn't see him, but I could imagine the cheeky bastards smile. I wasn't wearing anything even close to sexy, I was wearing some oversized band shirt and a pair of quite small sleep shorts. I could see myself in the mirror of my closet, and I looked nothing close to gorgeous. My hair was tangled, eyes tired, face oily, and my clothes were rumpled.

"Well I don't you perv. Just tell me what would be good to wear without giving the surprise away."

I could hear a loud groan come from outside, before he entered the closet alongside me. I could hear him ooh and ah at all the different articles of clothing, before he'd put them back on the hanging rod.

After a few seconds of observing something on the upper rack, he pulled it out. "This is good, what do you think?"

It was a good choice. I had actually just bought it from one of the local boutiques, and it had been love at first sight. It was more on the summery side, being a sundress with spaghetti straps. It was a pearly white color with stripes of light blue moving across. I only had one concern, "Will it be too cold?"