(53) robes & regret

"Hi?"

"Hi?"

I stared wearily at the boy in front of me, hesitating. I was about to open my mouth, when he stopped me.

"Please don't lock me out," he rushed, his bright green eyes widening slightly.

"I'm not going to lock you out," I shook my head, "I'm just surprised. And confused."

The brunette boy shrugged, giving me a nervous smile. "So you're not angry?"

Angry?

"Dean, why would I be angry?"

"Uhhhh..." he paused briefly. "Cause I just randomly showed up here?" 

"You just caught me off guard. I wasn't expecting to see you standing outside my dorm an- what are you even doing here? Don't you have school? Are you ditching?" I shrieked, my eyes widening.

"No- not really!" He reassured me. "I'm excused, it's all good!"

"You sure?" I crossed my arms, suddenly conscious of my attire. My ratty hair was thrown up haphazardly, my two sizes too big pink cheer shirt that most definitely had a few Nutella stains on it, and my mismatched socks definitely didn't make me seem even slightly put together.

"Hey you wanna come inside?" I opened the door wider to let Dean in. As Dean entered my, very slightly messy room, I cleared my throat. "Sorry about the mess- graduation and packing."

"You're good. Sorry if I came at a bad time, I just wanted to talk to you..." he looked down to his feet nervously, a habit of his that I'd noticed back in December.

"I told you, it's fine! I'm glad to see you! Oh, do you want anything to drink?"

"I'll take a water," he nodded. I gestured for him to sit, before I went to retrieve a bottle of water from my fridge. As I returned from the kitchen, I suddenly stopped in my tracks.

Although I had never really thought of them to look alike, at this exact moment with his back turned to me, Dean resembled his brother. The height, the posture, the mannerism of tapping his foot silently to occupy himself- it was almost eerie. But at this moment, instead of being eerie, it was painful.

Shaking the thoughts away to prevent any emotions from slipping, I pasted a smile on my face and approached Dean. I extended the bottle to him, which he took with a quiet thanks.

Dean looked the exact same as he did during winter break, the only difference was his usual sweater was exchanged for a flannel, white tee, khakis, and some expensive looking sneakers. He was still awkwardly lanky and adorably baby faced, his bright green eyes guarded yet curious at the same time.

"So, what's up? What brings you all the way to Switzerland or to my dorm?" I asked casually, taking a seat and, once again, inviting him to sit on the couch opposite of me.