Painting

"Thank you for coming," I hugged another one of Jessica's friends. 

Sarah's best friend Jessica had the best rooftop patio so we'd be crazy not to use it for my party, but of course that meant some of her crazy friends who only liked me because I was gay. I never got why having a gbf was such a big deal. I mean I have a dick and I like dick, but really there is absolutely nothing different about me from everyone else. I'm a weirdo just like the rest of the world. 

"Ethan!" I heard Sarah shout, but I couldn't find her. I started to move around till I found her near the snack table. 

"Where is he?" she asked as I made it to her. 

My heart sank a little. I pulled my phone out and saw no messages again. 

"I don't know. He said he would be here," I shrugged. 

She hugged me lightly and smiled, "he'll be here then." I nodded and she walked back into the party. I stood next to the edge over looking the city. Of course there are good, best, and better views in New York and Jessica's was best. You had a good look at many buildings, but it could always be better. The busy cars below helped drown out the voice telling me he wasn't coming. I took a deep breathe and turned back to the party. After all it is my party, no matter what I'm going to have a good time. 

"Hey Stacey," I smiled as she walked to the table. 

"Hey mister. Look at all this food," she rubbed her hands. 

"I know. Sarah and Jessica made sure it was all things I liked," I laughed picking up a pig in a blanket. 

"They spoil you," she pushed my shoulder. 

The crowd behind us got a little quieter and we turned to find the cause. 

"Speaking of spoil," Stacey grinned as I saw the cause. 

"Hi Ethan," Isaac smiled big walking through the crowd. 

"You're late," I crossed my arms. 

He looked down, "I know, I'm sorry. I had to stop and get something though. It took longer than expected."

"Why did you have to stop?" closing the space between us. 

He looked at me and grinned taking my hand. He guided me back through the crowd of eyes. I couldn't help but blush. Did my friend's have no faith in my game? 

"So I wasn't sure who your favorite painter was, but I thought I'd take a shot at an artist," he smiled pointing to behind the couch. 

I could tell the painting was of good size meaning he spent to much money. I walked around and smiled big. 

"A Roy Litchenstein," I bent down to look at it more. 

"So you know?" he stood behind me watching me. 

"I know? He is one of my favorites in pop art. This one is Oh, Jeff I Love You, Too But" I reached out and touched it and my heart stopped. 

"What is it?" Isaac said noticing my change in face. 

"It's raised," I got down on my knees and looked at it better. "I mean this print is amazing." 

Isaac started laughing and I stood up confused. 

"Don't judge me, it is," I laughed hitting his shoulder. 

"Ethan, it's not a print," he grinned. 

My heart collapsed at his words. "What?" I squeaked out. 

"That friend I told you about. His name is Marco and he also sells paintings. I had him track me down a painting for sale. He found a couple, but I thought you'd like this one." 

"Isaac, you bought me the original?" I almost shouted. 

"Yes?" he asked confused. "Are you not happy?" 

"Isaac," I tried to wrap my head around it, "I don't even want to know how much you spent on it." 

"Not as much as you think," he shrugged. 

"Don't give me that shit. I know my painting's. You at least spent," I tried to get the words out, but even saying how much I knew it was worth was terrifying. 

"One million? It was only $750,000," he crossed his arms looking at it. 

I looked back at it having a moment of realization. 

"Isaac, how much money do you have?" I asked quietly. 

"A lot more than you think, but my family comes from a line of money," he said quietly. 

I got back on my knees and looked at the painting. 

"Ethan, does that change how you look at me? I don't like to put it out there. I'll take it back," he got down next to me. 

"No no," I shock my head. I looked at him and smiled shyly, "you've never made it seem like you had this much money. So I've just always assumed you were living well, but you're living wellllllll."

"Ethan I promise I don't," I stopped him. 

"Isaac, it's okay. You've never bragged about it or been an asshole." 

"So you don't look at me different? Does it bug you?" 

"Does it bug you my family is broke?" I laughed. 

"You aren't broke," he rested his hand on my shoulder. 

"I'm in some good college debt and my brother is doing way better than me thank to scholarships, but yeah we're pretty broke," I touched the painting again. 

He grabbed my cheeks and pulled my face to look at his. 

"With me you'll never have to say that again," he whispered sternly. I felt in that moment how much he meant it. He didn't mean it to brag about his money. He meant it because he wanted to take care of me. I know I can take care of myself, but the selfless act of taking care of someone else was great. Everyone loves for the one they care about to want to take care of them. I wanted him to take care of me. I wanted to take care of him. All of him.  

"Isaac," I breathed out. 

"No more talk, we're going to enjoy this party and then we're taking that home," he stood up and looked down at me. 

"Isaac," I stood up looking at him. 

"Yes? I want to take it home now." 

"Oh," he looked at the party. 

"But I want you to come," I placed my hand on his chest. 

He looked back at me and my hand as I fisted his shirt. 

"Let's find Sarah and Jackson so they don't worry," his eyes shot up searching the room. 

He got the hint fast. 

Hey guys! Thank you for reading! Fair warning the next chapter will be sexy time...probably! PS look at the painting!