Wake Up

"No his heart rate is steady and the doctor thinks he should wake up any day now," I spoke softly. 

"Good, but seriously Ethan we will be there if you need us at any moment. I don't care what time it is," Jackson spoke with a little worry in his voice. 

"Thank you Jackson, but I'm doing good I promise. Hector has round the clock watch outside the door and just knowing I'll be here when he wakes up keeps me okay. Also knowing you guys are there," I insisted. 

"Okay, well we love you. Try and get some rest crazy." 

"I will. Bye Jackson." 

"Bye Ethan." 

I sighed sitting back down in the chair. 

"Come on baby, just wake up," I spoke to him softly. I turned the tv on and started to dose off. 

Isaac filled my dreams. He was so happy and so free off the whole mafia nonsense and it made my heart so happy, but honestly it didn't feel right. The mafia was a part of him. It was a big piece of what made Isaac the man I loved. It's what made him tough. It's what made him keep the ones he loved so close. No matter how stressful this whole situation was I couldn't imagine changing him. I knew that meant that I was going to have to buckle down for the war that was going to happen as soon as we left the hospital. 

Hector had already told me that he up'd security at the house and at Jackson's just like he did the hospital. He also knew that Luca had up'd his security. Everyone was waiting for the next move, but it had been two days and it started to feel like as long as Isaac was out no one was going to make a move. It was like Luca refused to do it without him being involved. 

I woke up with the light peeked through the blinds of the hospital. I got up and shut them tight when my heart stopped for the first time in two days. 

"Don't do that," his voice was deep and groggy. 

I turned quickly and I could feel the tears coming as I looked at Isaac smiling slightly at me. 

"Isaac," my voice breaking as I walked to him. 

"Ethan," he reached his hand up and I placed my cheek into it. "I love you."

"I love you too," I smiled lightly as he rubbed my cheek. 

"How mad are you?" 

"I'm still pretty mad, but I'm so thankful you are alive." 

"I am and that's all that matters."

"Oh no no no. You are still in trouble for not telling me," I stepped back. 

"Issac.." I cut him off. 

"No just listen. I am a grown man and if this is all going to work you can't lie to me. You can't do these things without me knowing. What if you did this today and you didn't make it out? I would have to live with the factor that the love of my life when on some secret assassination without telling me and now I'll never get to see him again. No goodbyes, no nothing. Isaac I am strong, but I'm not that strong, okay?" I felt my voice crack so many times, but I fought it. 

"Ethan. I swear to you I didn't want to hurt you. I just wanted to do it," he tried sitting up and I practically jumped to help him. "I have to stop this. I have to protect us and I was willing to do whatever it takes to make that happen." 

And for the third time in my life I watched the strongest man I've ever known start to cry. 

"Isaac," I cupped his cheeks and rested my forehead against his. "You don't have to do this alone. We are in this together. We will take down these motherfuckers and we will do it for you father."

He held his hands against mine. We were like this for a moment. It was quiet and it was special. Just us against the world and honestly I was scared for the world. 

I pulled back smiling at him. I ran my thumbs under his eyes wiping the tears away. 

"So how many bullets did he say I took?" Isaac asked looking at himself. 

"You don't know?!" I stepped back growing concerned. 

"Honestly after the first hits you and you body starts to go numb you lose count," he shrugged. 

"How many times have you been shot before?" 

"Honest answer?" 

"Never mind," I shock my head, "and 3." 

"I thought it was two," he laughed moving the blanket to look at himself. "So I know the chest one," he moved his robe down to show the big gauze. "There's one right here on my abs," he hovered his hand over the spot, "and the other..." 

I moved his robe up to show him his covered thigh. 

"That's going to be interesting," he smiled at me. 

"You're crazy you know that right?" I shock my head. 

"I'm trying to stay positive and do you know how I'm doing that?" 

"How?" I crossed my arms. 

"By remembering something that this super hot guy told me once." 

"And what is that?" 

"That all my scars were hot," he winked at me. 

"Shut up," I blushed. "I'm going to get Hector." 

"Wait," he put his hand up. 

"What?" I laughed. 

"You haven't kissed me yet." 

I blushed and walked to him leaning down to kiss him. It started out softly, but he quickly cupped my face and the kiss grew more passionate. It was as if we had been apart for months. We both moved with so much need and want. I didn't want to leave his lips, but one of us would have to come up for air. I finally pulled away breathing a little heavier than I expected. 

"I can't wait to get out of here and have you my way," he growled. 

"Slow down big boy. You're going to be sore for a while," I blushed laughing lightly. 

"Then you'll just have to do all the work." 

He's half broken and still manages to make me weak. I'm going to marry this man one day.