Business

"No you just get it done!" I heard him slam his fist on the table. I leaned against the wall sighing. 

"I don't care if you don't think I'm ready for this job, I'm in charge and that's how it is going to be now why don't you stop giving me your shit and do as I say?" he voice was growing angrier by the second and I knew I had to come in.  

I cracked the door and his head flew up faster then I expected. He motioned with two fingers for me to come in. I walked in quickly closing the door and walked behind his chair pushing his back into it. I started to massage his shoulders as his tone slowly calmed down on the phone. 

"Pete, you know I would never do anything crazy, but I'm trying my hardest to fill the biggest shoes I've ever seen, can you please just help me?.....I'll see you tomorrow," he hung up and looked up at me. 

"You're overworking yourself," I sighed moving my hands to his back. He slowly leaned forward and let me keep going. 

"I have to keep people in line." 

"Isaac, did your dad yell like that?" I stopped and moved in front of his chair. 

"Not unless he needed too," he rubbed his face in his hands. 

"Then you don't either. Your dad ran one tight as ship and he didn't have to work himself up like that."

"Ethan," he looked up at me, "he let someone get into his home and kill me. His shipping was sinking and I have to bring it back up."

I looked down at my feet remembering that day. It'd been almost 3 weeks and we were still getting sorry for your loss cards and flowers. Mamma spent most of her time taking care of all the flowers around the house and telling security random things about Marcus. I painted her a picture last week of them and she made Isaac hang it right in the sitting room so she could just look at it. Sometimes I'll catch her in the same chair for an hour just looking at it and I can't help, but wonder what is going through her head. 

"Ethan," he stood up and took my face in his hands, "I didn't mean to hurt you."

"You didn't hurt me, I know this is tough for you," I half smiled and he leaned down to kiss me softly. 

"I can't thank you enough for how much you've been here for me and my mother."

"You don't have too, I love you guys and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else," I stood up wrapping my arms around his waist. 

We stood there for a moment just holding each other before his phone went off. 

I kissed his cheek and walked to the door, "I'm going to make dinner."

"I love you," he smiled before answering the phone. 

I shut his door and walked the kitchen and started to pull ingredients together. I chopped up some when Hector walked in. 

"Hi Ethan," he sat at the counter. 

"Hey Hector," I smiled turning the stove on. 

"So you know Mamma is going to her sisters for a week, right?" 

"Yes. I'm so happy she decided to go. She needs someone else to talk to besides all your men," I laughed lightly. 

"That's true. They are all more worried about her than keeping everyone safe," he laughed. "But, I was going to say I need you to do me a favor."

"A favor?" I put my knife down looking confused. 

"I know it's none of my business, but I need you to really give it to Isaac while she's gone."

"What do you mean? Like a stern talking to?" I laughed. 

He looked around and leaned over the counter, "when was the last time you guys had sex?" 

"Hector!" I laughed putting my noddles in the pot. 

"I know you guys haven't in a while. He's way to wound up and I know with grieving it can be hard."

"Hector, is there a point to all this?"

"Well in few words, I need you to fuck the shit out of him."

"Oh my god," I grabbed my vegetables and put them in a pan. 

"Seriously. He needs to let a lot of stem off. He is overthinking this whole damn thing. He already runs a business just like this. He can do it and you're the only one that can get that through his head," he stood up and walked to me. 

"So you're suggesting I fuck the shit out of your boss?" I rolled my eyes. 

"Please and do it a lot," he patted my shoulder. 

"I can't handle you," I turned stirring my food. 

"Come on. It's not like its hard. Hell he couldn't shut up about you after the first time you fucked," he leaned against the counter. 

"Does it get weird for you?" 

"What?"

"Listening to him talk about that?"

"Why? Because he's gay?" he laughed. 

"Hey some straight guys aren't okay with it," I drained the noodles. 

"I don't give a shit. Sex is sex and he enjoys it as much as I do," he crossed his arms. 

"You guys are awful," I laughed mixing the noodles into my vegetables. "Hector?"

"Yeah?"

"Has he said anything to you about his fathers killer lately?"

"We know Luca sent him. He had only been in his group for a couple of months so he was easily expendable."

"What are you guys going to do?" I asked looking at him nervously. 

"Ethan," he stood up and placed both his hands on my shoulders, "you know what were going to have to do don't you?"

"You're going to have to kill someone aren't you?" 

"Blood for Blood. That new guy doesn't count. They sent a big message and we're going to come back at it. It's just a matter of who and when. It's like a big game and we have to play it right."

I looked down at my hands, "you'll keep him safe though right?" 

"Just like Mamma," he laughed. "I promise I won't have to keep Isaac safe. He's the brains now and he knows how to fight." 

"Just promise me you will," I looked up at him full of worry. 

He sighed, "I will if you just please fuck that man's brains out next week." 

"God," I pushed his chest and he laughed. 

"Stay positive kid and if you need anything just let me know," he walked towards the door. 

"Actually I do need something," I grinned.