Lunch

"I mean what do I wear?" I looked through my closet becoming more nervous by the second. 

"Ethan, it doesn't matter what you where. They will love you. I mean my dad has already seen all beat up so he'll just be happy to see you well," he texted away. 

"So that was there house right? We left and it was so dark," I turned to him with two shirts. 

"Yes it was," he looked up. "You don't remember much of it do you?"

"No," I laughed. 

"Good, you can enjoy it this time," he stood up and looked at the shirts. "I like the blue one with the fancy pocket," he kissed my cheek and walked out of my room. 

I got dressed and rolled the sleeves up to my elbow and put some dark jeans on. 

"Shoes?"

"Any work," I heard him from the kitchen. 

I groaned and slipped on my blue vans that matched and walked out to see him eating a muffin. 

"Aren't we having lunch?"

"Your point?" he laughed. 

"How do I look?" I decided to move on. 

"I think you look great," he took a bite and winked. 

"Oh my god, lets get out of here before I have to change," I took the muffin from him. 

"Hey," he groaned. 

"Come on," I took his hand and grabbed my phone off the counter. 

"Fine, but you'll pay for that."

"Can't wait," I turned and winked waiting outside the door to lock it. 

It was an easy ride to his parents house. They were just a little outside of the main city living. I knew there was going to be more yard then I expected. We turned down a road that was lined with big houses. They all had their own gates and the longest driveways I'd ever seen and I'm from the south. We finally turned and Isaac pressed a code opening the tall iron gates. We made our way down the driveway and I admired the beautifully kept lawn. We finally parked beside the house and I got out quickly walking to the front. It was a beautiful marble two story home. It had pillars double the size of Isaac's 6 foot stature. 

"It's nice isn't it?" he smiled taking my hand. 

"It's beautiful," I looked at the colors in the marble. 

"It reminds my mother of the Italy she always wanted to enjoy."

"I really can't wait to meet her," I smiled walking up the steps with him. 

We walked in and were greeted by a butler. 

"Isaac, how is the business?" he asked walking us to the sitting room. 

"I just sold a piece to Tesla last week and I'm so excited to see how it turns out," he was genuinely excited about it. He may be a mafia leader, but engineering was his passion. He loved robots and giant mechanical pieces and seeing how they all work. It was so cute how dorky he could get and so sexy how smart he truly was. 

"Ethan, Isaac tells me you paint," the butler taking me out of my thoughts. 

"Yes I do. I'm sorry I didn't catch your name," I admitted stepping to shake his hand. 

"Charlie," he smiled shaking my hand. 

"Charlie has been working with us since I was a baby. His grand daughter went to school with me," Isaac smiled. 

"And thanks to your parents she has no debt even with that masters," Charlies smiled even bigger. 

"Your parent's paid for her school?" 

"Ashley is brilliant and is now a CEO of her own vegan food line. She deserved it," he smiled. 

"Yes she did," I heard a thick Italian accent come around the corner. 

"Dad," Isaac walked to him taking him in a big embrace. 

"Son, I'm so happy you joined us for lunch," he patted his arms as he stepped back. 

"You make it sound like I don't ever do it," he laughed stepping so I could see him. 

"Not enough for me and your mother. Is this the boy that was all bruised up?" Marco started to walk towards me and I tried so hard to push back all the stories I had heard of his mafia days. 

"I'm so glad you are doing better," he patted my arms and I let my breathe out. 

"Me too sir," I laughed lightly. 

"I want you to know that I have all my men on top of this. No one is going to get to you if it is the last thing me and Isaac do," he smiled and patted my cheek. 

"Thank you. That means a lot to me, but I'm sorry I've caused so much work for everyone," I lifted my arm to pat his. 

"Don't say that. My boy finally found someone to bring home I couldn't be happier," he walked back to Isaac and for the first time in a long time I saw a little bit of red flutter across his cheeks. 

"Dad, Ethan is a painter, maybe you should show him some of your favorites," Isaac motioned. 

"No no, you do it. I'm going to check on your mother lunch is almost done," he patted his shoulder and walked back towards a door. 

"I'm going to have a heart attack aren't I?" I asked as Isaac took my hand walking. 

"I won't lie, probably."

We walked the whole house and my face was glowing. Their home was littered with art from all different eras. It was beautiful. 

"My future home will have this much art," I smiled big. 

"I think that sounds like a good idea," he kissed me softly. 

I heard a bell and Isaac liked his lips. "Lunch."

We ran down the stairs and somehow it turned into a race as we crashed through a swinging door and Isaac picked me up spinning me around. 

"No fair I totally won!" I laughed hitting his arm. 

"No way mister," he put me down laughing. 

"You don't play fair," I punched his arm playfully. 

"He never has. That's how he gets the deal," I heard a woman's voice and I turned to see her. The most adorable little woman with her hair pulled tight in a top bun. Mamma Esposito. 

"Ethan, you look like you could use some food," she smiled walking to me. 

"He certainly can mamma," Isaac kissed her cheek and walked to the table. 

She took my hand guiding me and spoke softly, "thank you for giving my baby a chance."

"It's a pleasure ma'am," I smiled. 

She pointed to my chair and I watched as Marco pulled her chair out. I could see right away where Isaac got his will power to always spoil me. 

"So boys lets talk," Mamma smiled as she mixed her salad. "When do I get grandkids?"

"Mamma!" Isaac shouted. 

I placed my hand on his thigh and rubbed it lightly. 

"I'm just saying I'd like them eventually."

"Mom we've just started dating," he took a sip of his water. I could tell in his tone that my touch soothed him a little. 

"I know, but you're older. You should know what you want and I think the way you've been taking care of Ethan shows you do," she winked at me eating some food. 

"I will say you raised him well, because this man is amazing," I smiled taking a bite of my food. "And my god this is amazing," I smiled. 

They all laughed at me as a little bit of cheese hung out of my mouth. Maybe dating the mafia wouldn't be that bad?

I know this chapter is a little slow, but don't give up on me.