My Idiot

For a moment the only sound filling the room was our breathing. The air quickly got more tense and I was grasping for it enough as it was. 

"Come on Issac make your fucking move," Luca pushed the gun to move my face to look at him. 

I could feel Issac's pain. All the pain I had in my body disappeared looking at him. I wanted to hold him forever. I wanted to be with him forever. 

"Luca this has gone to far," Issac spat through his teeth. 

"Bullshit!" Luca shouted. 

I winced as the gun dug into my head and I watched Issac's fist grip tighter on his gun. He wanted to pull the trigger but we knew the truth. Even if he got Luca he'd pull the trigger too. He had to be precise about this and there was no way he was risking any chance of me getting hurt further. 

"Why don't you just kill me then little bitch?" Issac shouted. 

"Because that'd be too fucking easy," Luca laughed. It was as if my life was in the hands of the Joker and Batman. 

 "Regular Luca fashion always making the mafia look like it's filled with psychopaths," Issac grinned tying to move a little. 

"Ah Ah Ah," the real life villain leaned over me with the gun still pointed in my head and pressed his thumb firmly on my fresh cut. I screamed in pain as he dug it in. 

"STOP!" Issac's voice was so pained. I bite my lip hard to avoid hearing that sound out of him ever again. 

"You care too much about this little shit. That's your weakness," Luca removed his thumb and stood tall again. 

"No it's your loss that you'll never know what love is," Issac's voice still sounded so hurt. Here I was bleeding out and I just wanted to fix him. I wanted it all to end. I wanted to go run away with him and never look back. But it wasn't that easy. It was never that easy. Someone was going to have to get hurt. 

I was going to have to get hurt. 

I looked at Issac and his eyes met mine. I whispered to him 'I love you' and I could see the fear in his eyes. 

I moved my head quickly for Luca's gun. I felt it. It was quick and sharp. Everything started to go fuzzy as I hit the floor. I squeezed my eyes tight as I heard another loud thud on the ground next to me. I opened my eyes to see Luca laying in front of me. His eyes were lifeless. I sighed then quickly began to gasp as I felt the pain take over in my body. I closed my eyes before I heard his voice. 

"You fucking idiot. God I love you, please be okay," Issac's voice came through before I was out. 

***

*Issac's POV*

I sat in the room holding his hand tightly between mine. I watched his chest rise slowly. He was alive. My idiot was alive. God I wanted to yell at him for even thinking that risking his life was the option. 

I also wanted to love him. I wanted to hold him close to me and never let go. I wanted to kiss every single inch of his body and tell him it's over. I wanted him to know that he was never going to leave my side ever again. 

I wanted him to want that too. 

"Mr. Esposito," Dr. Stephens walked in slowly. 

"How are his signs?" I spoke still watching Ethan. 

"They are going good. I still don't think he'll be awake today due to his blood loss," he started to touch some on the monitors attached to him. 

"But he will wake up?" I squeezed his hand. 

"Yes Issac. He is stable now." 

My heart ached thinking back to carrying him out of Luca's hideout. He was practically lifeless. I refused to let him go until we were in the hospital. I sat soaked in his blood for god only knows how long. I refused to leave him. He was my love. If he was going to die in the hospital I was going to die here too. 

"I will let you be. When he wakes I will let you have sometime together, but I will need to be notified to check on everything." 

I nodded and I heard him exit. 

"Come on Ethan, wake up for me," I could feel myself choking up thinking about it all. 

He was going to have scars like me. They were going to be reminders of how I failed him. 

I know he would hate how I was thinking, but it was all my fault. I got him into all of this. I wanted to leave him so he'd be safe, but I was selfish. I needed him. I can't be without him. Ever. 

Ethan is my person. He is the half that was made for me. 

I kissed his hand and held it against my head. 

"I will protect. I swear to you I will take care of you every single day for the rest of my life. You will be my life. I want to marry you Ethan." I laughed lightly pulling his hand down and looking at it. "I know that's crazy. Everyone would think we're crazy for getting married so soon. But I want to. I want you to be mine," I smiled running my finger over his ring finger. "I guess I have time to practice this, but Ethan Ryan will you marry me?" I laughed lightly. 

"I will," a little tired voice spoke.