Chapter 02- Prisoned

Meredith laid on a wooden bed in a private little room that was as quiet as the dead itself. For a moment she thought she was dead. But she woke up instantly looking horrified around her like a wild animal. She touch her neck to feel for her necklace finding it gone. She runs to the big wooden door banging her fists on it.
"Help!" She screamed.
"Hey." The little wooden window in the door opened and she saw a part of Wayne's face. "Calm down. You're save."
"No I'm not!" She screamed and rolled over against the door starting to cry. "You killed her. You killed Aunt Louisa. Aunt Louisa gave me that necklace to protect me. Why would you do that?!"
"Wait. We didn't kill anybody." Wayne stopped her. She look back at his face a little angry and confused.
"Then who did?" She asked looking at him that only showed a part of his face.
"We don't know. Maybe werewolves or..." He was about to explain to the girl that couldn't believe it.
"Our house was placed under a spell. No werewolf or creature are suppose to be getting in except if witches had a hand in this." Meredith replied and touching the door looking deep into his eyes paralyzing him without even knowing it. "I need my necklace. Go find it for me please and bring it to me. It's at a large tree about fifty metres from my aunt's house. I don't want to kill you so if you bring it, I'll do anything else besides kill you."
"Alright." He nod and immediately headed off ignoring everyone. She gave a sighed and run to the window that was guarded by steel bars. She look through it then back into her little room getting frustrated. Never in her life had she ever felled imprisoned. Maybe by the boundary that was around the house but she had a lot of space to go around in. She felled free. But here she feels punished and for what?

Meredith waited a long time in her room until Wayne came. She ran to the door looking at a part of his face. He give her a little unsure look when he handed her necklace for her.
"Thank you." She thanked and took it from him. She put on immediately and went to her bed sitting down in peace. The door went open and Wayne came walking in hesitantly. He wasn't afraid. He was just not use to this.
"We found you today at the river." Wayne said getting her attention to him. She stood up immediately looking at him like he's the stranger she had gotten to know. "May I have your name?"
"I'm Meredith." She replied and walk backwards to remain space between them.
"That's a beautiful name. My name is Wayne." He said and hold out his hand. "You know how to shake hands, don't you?"
She hold her hand out to him. His strong hands took it and took it to his mouth. He gave her hand a kiss and looked at her beautiful face again.
"Me and aunt Louisa never lived around your type. It was me and her my whole life." She told him and took her hand back scanning him from head to toe. From his head, over his strong jaw, over his stomach to his belt down to his boots. She look back at him that gave her a handsome smile.
"You mean you've never met a man before?" He asked raising an eyebrow. He had all rights to ask. If he's the first man she had ever saw, what is the chance that she might also be in love with him.
"Probably not. My dad was a man, I think. But I never knew him or my mother." Meredith replied and nervously stepped closer to him. She immediately found him attractive and somehow managed to feel comfortable around him. "They both died after I was born."
"What happened?" Wayne asked her carefully. She stood about five centimetres from him.
"My mother was a witch, they slaughtered her throat. My father, he was a werewolf. They burned him to death." She told him and touch his neck carefully. She took a deep breath frozing when she smelled his blood. She look at his face again. If it wasn't for the necklace she would've attacked him already. "Have you ever seen my kind before?"
"Women? Yeah I did. They walk around here more often." Wayne replied looking down at her beautiful face. Her skin is white and her red lips looks as red as blood.
"Okay." She replied and go to her bed sitting down again. Wayne gave a heavy sighed and went to take a seat next to her which she found very awkward.
"The world is a dangerous place out there. If I let you go, you can die." He told her and took her hand standing up with her. "You can stay in my place and do what the most of the town's girls do."
"Will you protect me?" She asked giving him a serious look.
"Of course." He replied and started walking out with her. "I'm a hunter. I'll take good care of you."