Chapter 09- different

A little bit too much frustrated, Wayne threw the wood angrily on the ground.
He look at where a laughter came from. It's the village's female slaves that seduces men. He give Meredith an odd look that arrived with a basket of fruits.
She walk up to the man there and gave him the basket.
He look at her filled with revenge and walk to the slaves. They immediately looked at him and began to touch his face and clothing.
"A night for the price of salt," he laughed.

Meredith look at him then back at the man.
"Thank you Meredith," he thanked giving her basket back. She ignore Wayne and head towards Victor and Merinda that stood aside making hats out of straw.
"I see you're doing good," she giggled looking at the hats.
"Yeah, want one?" Merinda asked with a smile.
"Sure. Thank you," she smiled and put it on her head.
"Mom, what's protecting you from the sun?" Victor asked getting her attention.
"Oh, my aunt made it for me," she replied and show him her necklace. "It keeps me from slaughtering every human being, protects me from the sun and many more. Anyway, I need to get home. The people is getting impatient by me wandering the woods alone."
"Okay take care mom," Merinda giggled.

Meredith give her a smile and walk away. She smile and look up at she trees then in front of her again. She could near the footsteps behind her, and she could smell him.
Wayne tries to follow her silently. She make a turn and head towards the rivers. She take off the hat and make her hands wet. She take the scarf off her and try to cool her down by touching her arms and her chest. Just like that she walk through the water and go lay down on the rock where Wayne found her.

He give a little smile and decide to walk her way without being afraid to be noticed. He pick up her scarf, smell it before putting it down again and walking through the water up to her. He stop and touch her cheek softly. She look at him and give him a beautiful smile.
"Eversince we broke up I came here daily," she told him that sat next to her on the rock. "I'm sorry, Wayne. But I really had to other way."
He look down then into her eyes giving her a little smile.
"I think it's cute what you did back there," she giggled looking at his mouth then back at him. "Tried to make me jealous then following me."
"You knew," he smiled back at her.
"Yes," she giggled looking down then back at him. "Vampires can hear a lot. Like I can hear how fast your heart is beating now."
He gave a laugh and look down at her hand longing to take it into his.
"Why didn't you kill me?" He asked her nicely. "The day I took you into my cottage. Why didn't you kill me?"
"Because I loved you," she replied giving him a smile. "And my necklace keeps me from doing such terrible things."
"Let me see," he smiled.
She take the necklace and show it to him. He touch the stone and wrap it in his hands.
"What will happen if I take it off?" He asked looking at her.
"I'll die of sunburn," she laughed and put her hand on his. He give a chuckle and put it on her chest again touching her skin. He lay his hand flat on her chest and look at it.
"Why did I feel your pulse if you're a vampire. Aren't you suppose to be like the dead?"
"Well, I'm different from other vampires," she smiled and put his other hand on her wrist. "My blood can heal. So when I got bit that day, the bite got into my bloodstream and I turned into whatever bit me. In that case, a vampire. But it didn't kill me. Same with this time. I'm still alive, not different, but as something else. That's why Merinda is healed. And you got healed when the werewolves attacked us that night. If something happens to you again, I can give you my blood, but you will turn."
"Then turn me," he begged giving her a desperate look. "Please, turn me into a vampire."
"No, it's not that simple," she said giving a heavy sighed. "I cannot do it."
"Why not?"
"Because I love you too much for that," she replied and stood up.
"Then do it," he begged and also also stood up grabbing her hands. "Meredith, I want to be like you, because I love you too."
"I'm sorry Wayne, but I can't," she whisper touching his cheek. "You have a daughter and a son, you have people in the village. Don't do this to them, okay?"
"Okay," he look down then back at her that took her hand back and stepped back.