Chapter 17-Catching up

Meredith is madly in love with her family and new position. She's looking at the old lady, Merinda that's chasing the two kids around as if she's one of them. Merida give her an odd look and took a seat at the table.
"She's one of you now, isn't she?" Merida ask and look at Meredith. "Thank you."
"You know, Merida, we cannot do things like this. Normally she would have to get bitten. Before we moved to the town, she did get bit. I had recovered back to human a few years ago and aged a bit. Then she accidentally bit me and recovered. Since then I never went back human," Meredith told her. Wayne give her an odd look and sit back.
"What happened to you?" Merida asked glaring at her.
"I got help from a friend. She turned me into a statue. I felt that it was the best for your grandfather and your parents. As long as I was around, you'd all be in trouble."
"Are we still?"
Meredith look at Wayne then back at her. She excusably look around to avoid the topic.
"So, where is your husband?"
"Gone."
She immediately look at her that gave a heavy sighed and rest her hand under her chin.
"Gone?"
"He left me," she reply and look down. "He only came back to see Marian."
"Marian, the girl?" Meredith ask. She shake her head and look down.
"Marian, their mother, my daughter," she look at them again and just smile. "She commited suicide after she gave birth to them. She was so young. So I'm raising them as my own."
Meredith nod her head slowly and look at the two children then back at her.
"After Marian died, he never came back. I started thinking he blames me. So be it. Screw me for trying to be a mother," she sighed. Meredith touch her hand and give her a soft smile.
"Don't break yourself down, Merida. Marian could've done it better, but I guess, she was tired," Meredith smile at her.
"Like you. Did you get tired?"
Meredith look down then back at her nodding her head slowly.
"Mother," the girl giggle and run to Merida. Merida pick her up and stood up playing along with them.
Meredith look at Wayne and give him a little smile.
"What happened to me, Wayne?" She ask and look at him. "I've spend the last bit of my young years running around like a crazy teenager. Then I leave you for the second time and...end my life. How would I have wanted to miss this?"
He give a heavy sighed and stood up going around to her. She look up at him that lean against the table looking at them.
"It would've been amazing if we could grown old together," he whisper and look at her. She look at him and give a heavy sighed standing up. "But, we don't and lucky for us, we get to see our great, great grandchildren grow up."
"Just as long as this whole family doesn't turn into vampires," she whisper with a giggle. "I'd love to have them around, but imagine a news paper questioning us living in 2035 when they actually finds out we never died."
"We can keep the population on the go," he tease her. She laugh silently and look at him. He put his arms around her and give her a hug. She hug him back and look at the bunch of them. "This is what we created, Meredith. By just the love we had for each other."
She look up at him. He look at her and touch her face softly. She look down again and step back.
"Grandmother coming in!" She shout and ran to them. She grab the boy in her arms and tickle him.