Chapter 06-Deal

The room is half dark. Meredith take a deep breath in for herself and pace the room up and down. Nine months has gone and it's time. Can it really be happening. They've been ready, but unprepared for this to come.
"I've got a place prepared for you. A place that that no one can fill," she sang to calm herself waiting for help. "Forever safe in my heart. Though I have to leave soon."
She grab her stomach and began to cry.
"Baby please don't cry. My love for you will never die. Cause if I have to stay. Death will be in your way," she grab the blankets and bow forward. "I knew this day would come. That I'd have to say goodbye. I'm doing this all for you. Because I love you."
She starts breathing and screaming in pain. The baby is finally coming. Wayne came running in being terrified when he saw her. He's a man. What will he do? He can't help her.

"Meredith," Wayne touch her hand giving a smile where she laid on her bed starring at the roof. Tears came in his eyes as he give the baby over to her. "It's a girl."
She take the baby from him and touch the baby's cheek starting to cry.
"I'm sorry," she cried and kiss the baby's head. "How can I be a mother if I had no mother to show me? This baby deserves better."
"The mother is in you, Meredith." He comfort her and give her a kiss.

By the time sun came up, the three of them already went off to get back to the village. Meredith carrying the baby and Wayne walking next to her down the scary woods. It's quiet as the dead. Meredith give Wayne an odd look that stopped and looked around them. There's a crying of a little kid.
They both gave a scare looking at a kid that came running to them.
Wayne catch him by the arm and look at him. He has sharp teeth and looks kind of hairy.
"Werewolf," Wayne muttered and grab out his knife.
"Wait!" Meredith grab his arm and go on her haunches in front of the boy. She touch his face glarring into his eyes. "You will not do any harm to my family or the village people, understood?"
He nod and start breathing fast again.
Wayne give her an odd look and quickly pick up the boy when they heard people coming that way. They start running back up to the village. Meredith gave a little scream when her dress got stuck on a log.
"Run Wayne!" She shout at him that wanted to help her. She grab his face and look deep into his eyes"They want the child. Not me. Run."
He nod then ran off with the little boy that starred back at her. She hold her baby tight in her arms and took a seat.

"Look what we have here."
They surround her that just looked at them. The beauty in her eyes is cold.
They're clearly not from around here, you could tell.
"Please, leave me alone. I just had the longest walk for fresh air and I'm tired." She spoke to them and kiss her baby's head.
"She must be a witch," one of the guys laughed and poke her with a stick.
"I'm not a witch," she replied and look at them. "I'm a normal human being trying to look after my baby."
"Yeah sure," a man laugh and cut his wrist taking it to her nose. "A little bit of blood won't lie."
"Ouch," she grab the necklace around her neck. It pricked her. She look up at him giving him an idiotic look. "What are you doing?"
"She's not a bloody vampire or werewolf," another man said grabbing his friend. "We apologise sweetheart. We'll be on our way."
She just nod giving them an odd look. They head off immediately looking back at her that looked down at the baby.

Meredith walk into the cottage, straight the the baby carrier putting the little one in it.
"What happened?" Wayne asked getting her attention.
"I had gone for a walk," she said and look at him.
"Liar! I left you alone in the woods! What happened?" He grab her face looking angrily at her. "Tell me the truth Meredith."
"I don't know," she began to cry closing her eyes. "I told you to safe the little boy. Nothing happened to me."
"Damnet Meredith!" He put his lips on hers. She touch his cheek and look at him beginning to cry. "What's the matter my love?"
"I'm sorry," she cry and take a deep breath looking into his eyes. "Listen to my voice Wayne, please. I cannot be with you and the baby. I cannot loose any of you. You will go to sleep now and when you wake up, I'll be nothing more than an ex lover, okay? We broke up because things didn't feel right for us. We went too fast into a relationship. I will still see the children. We accepted the little boy as our own. You don't love me, okay? Take care Wayne."

She give him one last kiss that gave her an odd look. He yawn and walk to the bed and lay down.
"Baby please don't cry. My love for you will never die. Cause if I have to stay. Death will be in your way," she take the blanket and put it over him giving him a kiss. "I knew this day would come. That I'd have to say goodbye. I'm doing this all for you. Because I love you."
She kiss her baby on the head and touch the boy's cheek heading out.

Halfway through the woods she stop and fell down to her knees crying. She grab her hair and bow forward crying rivers and rivers.

She walk into the big house giving a little scare when she was all of a sudden surrounded by werewolves, witches and vampires.
"If you take all my blood, you die and not have any in the future. I hereby have a deal. I can share my blood with you if...you leave my family alone and explain why the hell my necklace stinched me today." Meredith said a bit angrily and look around.
"It was just a sign that one of the witches was protecting you." One of the witches replied.
"Can I become human again?" She asked looking around desperately. "One of you have to help me."
"Are you sure that's what you want?"
"Yes. I give you my blood in return of becoming human again, protecting my family and allowing me to see my family," Meredith replied and give her arm to them.
"Deal. Little blood for the price of salt."
Meredith gave a nod crying out in pain when the witch slipped her wrist.