Chapter 08- Bitten again

"Are you sure about this?" Sherley asked walking with Merinda through the woods.
"No," she giggled and give her a smile. "That's why you're spying on us to make sure everything goes well."
"Okay. Shout if you need help?" Sherley whisper and hid behind a tree watching her walk on. After a long lonely walk, Merinda finaly had made it to the spot where she'll meet her date.
"Hallo," he greet her with a hug and a kiss on the cheek.
"Hey," she greeted back and look around. It's totally dark and abandoned. "It's so quiet here," Merinda giggled looking at him.
"Yeah, just figured we can talk."
She give him a smile that returned one to her.

Meredith barge into the cottage getting both Wayne and Victor's attention.
"Has she gone already?" She asked and close the door behind her.
"Yes," Victor replied and look at Wayne that stood up starring paralyzed at Meredith.
"Okay," she sighed in relieve and took off the big piece of material around her shoulders. "Sherley is with her so she is probably safe."
"Isn't Sherley a witch?" Victor asked.
"That's why she's looking after Merinda," she replied and took a seat looking up at Wayne. "You okay?"
"Yes," he replied and took his seat. "Where is she by the way?"
"On a date." Victor rolled his eyes. Meredith kick his leg and look terrified at Wayne.
"On a date?" He asked and jump up grabbing his coat.
"Wayne," Meredith jump up and grab his arm getting his attention back to her. "She's just a kid. Let her be. Oneday, she's gonna have to meet someone. Then you won't be able to stop her from walking away."
"Like I couldn't stop you?" He asked. He's broken. And for the first time Meredith actually saw it.
"I'll be right back," Victor said and went out when he thought his parents needed some privacy.
"Wayne, what are you talking about?" Meredith asked giving him a sad look.
"We broke up and you left. I couldn't stop you." He replied turning his whole body towards her. "I dreamed about you, saw you everyday and everytime I still had this weird feeling inside of me. I don't know what it is, but it feels so damn good."
"We weren't meant to be," she said and touch his cheek softly. "I was a danger to you and the children. I had to leave."
"I may not have been able to stop you, yes, but I could've if you only had let me. I could've protected you and we could still be together."
With that said, Meredith grab her scarf and walk out. He run after her and grab her arm.
"That day you climbed higher and higher into that tree. You put your trust in me by falling so that I could catch you," he grab her chin to let her look up at him. "You trusted me Meredith. What happened to us?"
"We fell out of love," she replied straight forward.
"Is that what it is?" He asked her. "Is it love?"

Tears crept into her eyes. She step back from him looking up at that big tree before running off into the deep woods.

By morning Meredith was busy living the normal life of a human being by taking some fruits from the trees throwing it into a basket. She look at the path in the woods seeing someone running towards her. She give a glare and sighed in relieve seeing it's her daughter.
"Mum, help me," she cried and grab her mother around her waist.
"What's wrong?" Meredith asked holding her tight.
"I woke up in the woods," she cried and take a deep breath giving an odd look when she could take a sence of her mother's blood.

"What happened?" Meredith asked getting a bad feeling at that moment.
"I don't know, but I don't like it," she whispered putting her one hand on her mother's hair. "I'm so sorry."
Right at that moment, Merinda opened her mouth and bit Meredith in the neck. Meredith gave a gasp with tears streaming out of her eyes. She fall back to the ground letting go of her daughter and the basket.
Merinda look at her mother. Her fangs gone away and her eyes returning.
"Mom?" She go on her haunches beginning to cry. "Mom, no. Mom?"

Wayne put a few pieces of wood on a pyle and look at Merinda that came running to them.
"Help!" She shout and run into Victor's arms.
"What's going on?" Wayne asked heading up to them.
"I was hugging mom, then the nex moment everything went blank. Next thing I know is her lying on the ground." Merinda cried.
Wayne gave a terrified look and began to run down into the wood to get to the house.

"Meredith!" He shout finally getting to the house out of breath. "Meredith!"
He look at the basket, the blood mark on the ground before running into the house. He stop when he ran into a big builded hairy man.
"Who are you?" Wayne asked looking around.
"Let him in," Jasmine said. "He's family."
Wayne walk in with an odd expression looking around.
"I'm looking for someone," he said to Jasmine.
"I know who you're looking for. Follow me."

The two of them walk up the stairs into the big room where Meredith sat on the bed looking at the mirror in front of her where she saw nothing.
"Are you okay?" Wayne asked and took a seat next to her.
"Yes," she nod looking at him. "Atleast I'll remember now what I'll look like for the rest of my life."
"You got bit," he said and touch her hand. "Meredith, I cannot kill you, neither do I want you dead. Help me think please."
"I'll stay here, away from everyone if that's what you want."
"No," he look down then back at her.
"Wayne, there's something you need to know. I've been lying to you for fifteen years now about myself. I think it's time you should know the truth."

"Whatever attacked me last night, killed Sherley," Merinda told Victor sitting on her bed.
"But how can you be human now?"
"Mom's blood, can heal according to the damage that's been done within eight hours," Merinda replied giving him an odd look. "Victor, did I kill mom?"
"No, I don't know," he replied and take her hand. "When mom found me, I never killed anyone here. Was it her love? I don't know. But, sometimes I go to town without anyone knowing and I catch me food."
"Town?"
"I'll take you there sometime." He give her a smile and a little hug.