Chapter 14 - she's back

Wayne nervously take a deep breath walking up to a big abandoned house. The house where Meredith grew up. The thought of her shook him. He haven't said her name or hear it in years. He knock on the door waiting to get invited in.
"Come in!"
He goes in and look around. Nothing's changed much.
"I'm looking for Jasmin," he immediately said. She stop rocking on her chair and stood up. She is old and grey. She look at him.
"What do you want?" She asked grumpy and took her cup in to the kitchen.
"Are you Jasmine?"
She keep quiet. He look around then back at her.
"Is the box here?" He ask. She stop and look at him. "The box with...you know who in."
"Meredith?" She asked. Wayne look terrified at her and just nod. "No, not here. It's too easy here to get her. Her statue is in town in a museum."
"What's it doing there?" He asked terrified.
"Showcase," she reply and put on the kettle. "What do you want from her?"
"Nothing. I was just wondering about her necklace. Our daughter is sick," he reply. She look terrified at him.
"Oh so I take it, it's important." She look down then back at him. "It's in the town's biggest museum. You'll find her there in that same box. If you want to bring her alive, give her blood. But be warned, okay? Some bad stuff can happen."
"Thanks," he nod and walk out instead of asking any further questions.

Wayne is desperate to find her. Wouldn't you be if it was your daughter ageing?
He walk through the museum looking around impatiently. He look at the bodyguard that stood the starring at the statue. He walk to him quickly.
"Excuse me, is this Meredith?" He ask. The guard look at him and just laugh.
"This is a replica of her," he reply. "She is the most beautiful statue ever made."
"Where is her original?" He ask. The guard give him an odd look.
"You're not getting her. It's just a statue for you, okay?"
"I just want to see it."
The guard give him an odd look and show him to the replica. He sighed and look at the replica.
"This looks nothing like Meredith," he said angrily. The guard give him an odd look. "Me and my children saw her real statue before anyone else could've. I just want to look at her."
"Goodluck," the guard said and walk away. Wayne sighed and walk away. He look around furthermore. He goes to the last piece of stuffed animals. He sighed and look around. Nothing excrpt another option. A door. Keep out. He look around and enter it. Here is so many boxes of what's not put out yet and is. He look around impatiently. He open a empty box and close it again moving to the next box. He look around then at a dirty old brown box. He walk slowly to it and touch it.
"Please let it be you," he whisper. The box is standing half straight leaning against a shelf. He take off the top. He move the hay around till he saw her face. It's Meredith. Nothing's changed on her. He take a deep breath in and open her chest looking for the necklace. It's also turned into stone.
"Damn, we're screwed," he sighed. He take the top to put it back but when he looked at her face again, he stopped. He touch her hard cheek softly. He just want to run after her once. Hear her laughter like the first time they really fell in love.
"Okay Meredith. How do I do this?" He ask as if he's waiting for an answer. He look around then back at her. "Here goes nothing."
He bite his wrist and put it against her mouth. He look terrified at her when her mouth opened. She start to suck on his blood. The cement all over her disappears. He start to laugh with tears in his eyes. She grab his arm and lean forward. He grab her when she fell forward. He hold her tight and sit down with her. She is gasping of thirst.
"Who's there?"
It's that guard.
"Shhht," he whisper. He stand up and grab her around her body. He look at the guard then back at her.
"What are you doing?" He asked approaching them. Wayne stood up and let Meredith sit. She open her eyes weakly and look at them. He grab the guard and look deep in his eyes. There the connection came.
"Meredith is hungry. You'll go on your knees in front of her and feed her."
He nod and goes to her. Wayne go to Meredith and grab her around her body helping her forward. The guard go on his knees in front of her. She put her mouth in his neck then at last took a bite draining him. She grab his clothing sucking the life out of him. Wayne just look at her. She throw the guard away and sat back starting to scream and cry.
"Meredith," he whisper and walk closer to her. She give him an odd look and stood up against the wall.
"Wayne?" She ask terrified and taking heavy breathings. "What...what are you doing? Why am I alive?"
"Meredith, I need your help. It's our daughter."
She look at him and shake her head nervously.
"No," she cry and turn around slamming her head against the wall. She's shaking with fear.
"Meredith!" He grab her and pull her against his body holding her tight. "Please. It's our daughter. She's dying."
Meredith stop and look at him. Her pupils return back to normal. Was she just a wild animal within or was it something different?