Chapter 15- life or death

Wayne walk with Meredith through his front door. She look around terrified. The girl and boy run down and stop looking terrified at her.
"Meredith, don't freak out, but these are our great grandchildren."
Meredith look terrified at him then back at the two. The girl touch her old fashioned dress and just giggle.
"Come up," he smile at her. She walk up the stairs with him to the bright room. She look around then at Merinda that laid there. She is old and at the end of her life.
"Merinda," Wayne goes to her and touch her arm. She look at him then at Meredith. Her eyes widened.
"Momma," she began to cry happily. "Momma!"
"Honey, calm down," Wayne said. Meredith look terrified at her and walk closer. She touch her cheek and give a little smile.
"You've gotten old," Meredith laugh with tears in her eyes. She take a seat next to her. Merinda smile weakly with tears in her eyes.
"Momma, where were you?" She ask.
"Somewhere you'll go," Meredith whispers sadly. "Merinda, I gave you my blood many years ago when you bit me. If I do now, you'll turn into a...a vampire," she whisper softly to her. "It's not fair towards you, your children or grandchildren."
"When you left, it wasn't fair to me," she reply breathing loud and clear. Meredith sighed and look down. "Momma, I never had the chance to play with my grandchildren. Can you do that for me?"
Meredith touch her cheek and nod. Merinda take a deep breath in and out again.
"At least I got to see your face, mommy," she whisper. Meredith burst out crying. She jump up and close the curtains.
"Close that door," she say to Wayne. He close it and give her an odd look. She bite her arm and put it on Merinda's mouth. "I'm sorry honey. I'm sorry."
She take her arm back and go on her knees crying.
Merinda give her an odd look then look at the ceiling starting to choke. Wayne stood there terrified. When the door was about to open, he shut it again.
"Don't come in," he say. He look at Merinda that stopped breathing and just laid there. Meredith stood up and place a kiss on her cheek.
"Why did you wake me up?" Meredith ask Wayne. He look at her. "Just to help our daughter?"
"No, I...I just wanted to see you again and...I wanted Merinda to see you one last time. I didn't know where you were or how to wake you till the old woman told me," he reply. She look at Merinda and walk to him.
"She's resting," she whisper to him. "She'll wake up. I'll give her my necklace..."
"No," he stop her. "No, Meredith. I will not loose you again! You hear me! We can make her a necklace."
"What's going on in there?" Merida asked knocking on the door. He take a deep breath and open the door. Merida walk in and look at Meredith. "Grandfather, who is this?"
Meredith look terrified at her.
"Is she Merinda's daughter?" Meredith ask. He nod at her. She touch her cheek and laugh with tears in her eyes. They're almost like a preview of each other.
"Merida, this is Meredith," Wayne told her. Merida look terrified at her then at Merinda that still just laid there.
"What's wrong with..."
"Don't go there," Wayne immediately stop her. She give him an odd look then look at Meredith.
"Is Victor still here?" Meredith ask looking around.
"You mean dad?" Merida ask. Meredith nod with a smile. She look down then at Wayne.
"Victor passed away," he say and touch Meredith's shoulder. She give him an odd look. "He got attacked by another werewolf."
"Damn those idiots are annoying," Meredith said irritated by the thoughts of how they use to attack her back those years. "Okay, we need to go to...my old home in the woods. I had Jasmine to make me more of these necklaces long ago."
Wayne give her an idiotic look that took her necklace off and put it on Merinda. She gasp for fresh air and look directly at Meredith that got her eyes.
"You are very tired and are going to sleep now." She said. Merinda yawn and close her eyes. Meredith grab one of the big hats there and put it on her head looking at Wayne. "Shall we go?"
He nod and give her an odd look. Something is strange about her. Or more likely different.