Chapter 05- threatened

With a big baby bump Meredith walked through the woods in her own since she managed to escape from Wayne's watch.
"Meredith, what are you doing?"
Right in her tracks Meredith stopped and turn around looking into eight witches that stood behind her. She gave a gasp and start walking backwards stepping against a tree.
"What do you want?" Meredith asked touching her stomach.
"Don't worry about that child. It's you we want." One said raising her hand picking Meredith up in the air. Meredith gave a scream that echoed through the whole woods right into the little village where Wayne was buying stuff. He look around before immediately running into the woods.
He run as fast as he could stopping when Meredith came running to him right into his arms.
"They want my blood." She cried burrying her face in his neck getting worried when she got a sence of his blood.
"What happened?" He asked grabbing her by her cheeks looking at her. "Meredith?"
"The witches want my blood. They had me there but let me go because of the pregnancy." She cried touching his cheek taking heavy breathings. "They can't use my blood if I'm pregnant."
"Let's get you back." He said leading her away back into their cottage.

Meredith lay there on the bed touching her stomach looking out of the window. There's a wonder burning inside of her and it's feeding on her. Will they become so desperate, they'd kill the baby just to get to her blood.
"Don't worry, they can't come in," Meredith spoke when Wayne kept looking outside. "This cottage is secured."
"How sure are you about that?"
"I asked Sherley to curse this cottage so that not even she can enter it, neither uplift the bloody curse."
With a little struggle she stood up and look at Wayne that gave her a little smile. She return a smile and touch her stomach moving towards the kitchen.
"Can I ask you a favour?" She asked and take out a pot from the cabinet. "Can you take me to aunt Louisa's house tomorrow. I want to have my baby there rather than here in the villiage where everyone will interfere."
"Whatever you wish my love," he replied and follow her to the kitchen. He give her a hug and touch her round belly. "Shall we stay there for a while then before you give birth or would you prefer to come back here?"
"Stay there, I guess."

She look up out the window giving the red haired witch, Sherley an odd look. She is always there watching them.
"Isn't it strange, Wayne?" She ask and turn around looking at him. "For months of years I've spend my life protected and hidden from the world then all of a sudden I'm under attack by vampires, werewolves and witches. You find me passed out and imprison me. I accuse you for murdering my aunt, you take me into your home and now, we're expecting a child."
"Which I don't regret," he smile nicely down at her. She pull her lips together giving him a little frown.
"What attracts you to me?" She ask. "How don't you know that this whole time I'm actually a murderer and may be a threat to your safety?"
"I don't know, that's the thing. And if you are, you don't have to tell me, because who you are is what fills me up." He touch her cheek softly and give her a sweet passionate kiss.
"So this is what it is?" She asked with a giggle. A giggle that just brightened up his whole future. "This is love."
"Yes, it is love." He gave a chuckle and pull her into his embrace.

How can things change so drastically in such a short time? She is in danger and here she waste her time trying to live normal umongst humans that kills her types. Does it count if no one know what exactly you are? Probably not.