Chapter 10- he got bitten

With a smile Wayne look at the children that stood in the kitchen making orange juice. He look down before walking into his cottage.
"Guys," he got their attention. "When is your mother coming?"
"Later this afternoon, why?" Merinda asked putting the squished out lemon against Victor's face.
"I need to talk to her." He give them a smile that gave him an odd look. "I love her."
"Okay," Victor nod giving him an odd look. "Did you think about how to tell her?"
"Yes, I'm going to tell her that it doesn't matter that she lied to me in the past and that nothing makes her different from me just because she's a vampire." He give them a smile and nod his head. "Yes, that's what I'm going to tell her."
"Remember to take her some flowers," Merinda smiled at her father.

He just nod and walk out taking a deep breath in nervously.

Meredith close her door, put on her coat and hat starting to take fresh fruits from the trees.
When her basket was full she began her journey through the woods.
Wayne kept walking practising what he's going to say to Meredith. All of a sudden something jumped out of the trees unto him. He try to wrestle off the blood thirsty vampire that tried to bite him.
"Wait," he said. Odd how the vampire looked at him. "Before you kill me, there's a woman. Tell her that I wanted to see her. Tell her, I love her and the children."
The vampire give him a weird look before biting him in the neck.

Meredith walk on slowly. She gave the figure in a distants an odd look. She immediately ran to it. She wrestle the vampire down to the ground grabbing a piece of wood shoving it through it's chest. She give the victim an odd look only to discover Wayne laying there.
"No," she repeated and move to him taking him into her arms holding him tight. He touch his neck weakly and look at her that also looked at him. "Wayne."
She touch his face. Just like that she bit her wrist and open his mouth to let her blood flow into his mouth.

"Enjoy it honey," she cried holding him tight. "I'm so sorry."

By the time Wayne woke up, Meredith fell down next to him on the bed with a cup.
"Drink," she smile giving it to him.
"What happened?" He asked and sat up straight touching his neck but felt nothing except the normal skin. "I was attacked."
"Yeah yeah so what," she give him the cup and move over looking at him. "Drink. Else you die."
He give her an odd look that gave a funny accent.
"Not really, just drink. I didn't kill one of your childhood ex's for nothing."
He role his eye with a chuckle and drink it up looking at her.
"Your a vampire now honey," she giggled. "I called Jasmine to come over asap. For now, you can't be in the sun or around humans."
He nod and stood up.
"What were you doing in the woods anyway?" She asked and also stood up.
"I was on my way to you," he replied and look around. They're in her house.
"Why?" She asked and lay back on her bed looking at him.
He look at her turning red in his face.
"I don't...I feel too embarrassed to tell you now," he said and look away. Meredith starts to laugh and put her arms behind her head.
"I'll tell you what you'll feel within a few days," she giggled and stood up again moving towards him. "You'll feel weird, yes. You'll be fast, that too. But most importantly, you'll be crazy, carefree and wild."
He gave a shiver looking at her that stood against him at the wall.
"You won't have a care in world what other do or say," she whispered and touch his cheek. "You'll do whatever you want to do, say whatever you want to say and be with whoever you want to be."
"Can I be with you?" He asked.
"Well, whoever you want to be, of course with me too," she give him a smile and grab both his cheeks teasing him. "You'll do more than holding hands. My baby is growing up."
She gave a scare when she realised his holding her palms and pushing her against the wall. She gave a giggle. He awkwardly look at her then around him realising he did the impossible by controlling his speed.
"You're making me crazy," he said and move away her.
"You already were crazy, you just haven't noticed it yet," she replied with a giggle. "Come on, dinner is waiting."
She give him a spank on his bottom walking pass him down to the kitchen.