Chapter 03- attack

So it happened that Meredith went to stay with Wayne in his cottage. It's simple and normal. She settled in easy and faster than he thought. He even went to her old house to fetch all her dresses which is all she ever wore. He never knew what she was capable off and better didn't know. If he knew what she had become, he would've killed her or forced her to turn him into a vampire too.
"You know it's not normal keeping animal heads on your wall." Meredith said to Wayne pointing to a bear's head against the wall.
"Yeah, why not?"
"They were animals once." Meredith replied moving over towards a little window keeping her eyes on her surroundings. "Atleast you could show them some respect. I'm sure you wouldn't want to raise your kids in a place like this one day."
"You're right." Wayne nodded his head amazed by this woman's intelligence.
Meredith gave him a simple smile looking out of the window. Deep in the trees she sees it. A girl with long ginger hair, pale skin and a brown dress starring at her. Meredith glare at her to figure out what the purpose is of the stare but her attention immediately got drawn by Wayne that touched her arm closing the blinds.

"Something out there hunted you. Why?" Wayne asked her nicely movig away to close all the other blinds. He knows that whatever is out there can and will kill Meredith if he doesn't protect her.

"I don't know." Meredith replied to him taking a seat at a dinner table. "Aunt Louisa placed a boundary around our house untill it got broken. They murdered her and I had to escape through the forest myself. I never imagined what life would be on the other side of that boundary. I only admired the trees afar, brids chirping and shadow figures passing by. I never knew things would get so much out of hand."
"I'll protect you from those blood thirsty creatures. I promise." Wayne smiled at her taking a seat infront of her. She's a true beauty. Almost like a princess.
"That's sweet." Meredith giggled looking down at the table at a dead flower that laid there all dried out.

"I mean it." Wayne reacted towards that touching her chin to get her attention. "Meredith, you're the prettiest girl I've ever met, but most importantly you are so much more worthy than you think. That might be why your aunt tried to protect you. I don't know what it is but the day you expose I want to be there."
"Would you say the same if you only come to discover that I'm a blood thirsty vampire that's an easy target to all others who wish to get their dirty paws on me, burn me with fire, curse me or make me their meal?" Meredith asked giving a smile afterwards. "I can die, live and kill but what I can't do is not control it. As long as I wear this necklace my aunt made me, I'm no danger to you or any other specie."
"And your children?" Wayne asked sitting up straight looking various at her. "What about your children?"

"My children? I don't have children. But if I decide to have I'll do them no harm." She replied and sat back folding her arms with a smile possessing her lips. "The fact that I just happen to meet someone makes the chances actually very slim that I'm capable of choosing who I want to fall inlove with."
"That's the thing Meredith." Wayne said sitting forward touching her arm. "You don't choose who you fall inlove with. You don't choose who falls inlove with you. You choose what you're gonna do about that feeling."
Meredith just sat there looking at him like a speechless old man would look at a show that surprised him when he least expected it.
"How does it feel?" Meredith asked and stood up heading towards the wall that had the stuffed heads on. She touch the goat's nose giving a smile.
"It's like you're afraid of heights. You experience some strange feelings. Some of those feeling would want you to die." Wayne replied giving a smile. He also stood up and headed towards her. "It's so powerful, you can barely control yourself."
Meredith turn around and look at him that stopped infront of her. She gave him a lascivious smile turning bright red in her face.

"Little drops of blood in the misty river. Down to where the water falls. Oh dear what happened to the blood. It dissapear within the water." It's dark outside with only the starlights in the sky and the moon. Meredith sat up straight at the table singing silently to herself. Her soft sweet voice had woken Wayne from his sleep. He stood up and immediately went to check on her but hid in the dark around the corner so that she won't see him. "Oh dear little fish. Oneday you'll become a dish. I feel sorry for you. So take a taste of my blood. Not because it's revenge. But simply because of capability..."

She stop singing when the wolves from deep where they stay howled out. She gave a fright and stood up going to the window. She gaze out to the dark night seeing shadows appearing and disappearing and so it goes on.
"Meredith, dug!" Wayne shouted and grab her around her body falling with her down to the floor. At that same moment a werewolf jump through the window and another bunge attacked the little cottage. Meredith crawl underneath the table burrying her face in her arms waiting for it to end. It did. How? How so fast.
Sy peek out looking at the red haired witch that cleared it all. Meredith crawl out under the table standing up straight.
"Where is Wayne?" She asked looking around terrified. Just untill the body on the floor caught her attention. She gave a gasp and ran to him taking him in her arms.

"Meredith." The witch stood closer getting her attention. "I came to warn you. You have to hide. The werewolves and witches teamed up to catch you. Your blood has the power to heal."
"Don't be rediculous."
"It's true."
Meredith stare up a her then look down at Wayne. Roughly she decide to bite her wrist and feed him her blood.
"Now what?"
"Well, he'll be alright. The first time you give him your blood, he'll stay human but the second time, no. He'll turn into a vampire which is what you are."
"Please wake up." Meredith cried holding Wayne tight that started coughing.
"Don't make him remember about almost being killed or healed by you." The witch told her and walked out. A little confused Meredith looked from her to him. She look deep in his eyes. "You will forget that you got hurt and I healed you with my blood."