Chapter 07- intruders

Fifteen years later.

With a giggle, Merinda ran through the woods with a giggle being chased by Victor, her step brother. She hide behind the tree tying to keep her breathing quiet.
"Got you!" Victor jump in front of her. She gave a little scream and fall back on the ground.
"Merinda! Victor!" Meredith called walking around.
"We're here," Merinda giggled and give her mother a hug. "Hey mom."
"Hey. Aren't you suppose to be at the house?" She asked giving Victor a hug too.
"We were just playing around," Victor replied. He is five years older than Merinda. Her big brother. They both know that Victor isn't biologically her brother.
"Okay." She smile and run her hand through her hair. "Let's head back to village."

"Mum, I need to ask you something," Merinda said walking alone with her mother. "There's a boy in the village. He asked me to go out with him. May I?"
"As long as your father doesn't know for now." They both give a giggle and enter the cottage getting Wayne's attention.
"Where's Victor?" He asked without looking up from his plans.
"Gone to tell the other villagers that we found a body at the river bank."
"A body?" He asked and look up at them. Meredith give him a smile that froze his eyes on her. "Hallo Meredith."
"Hallo Wayne," she greeted back and look at Merinda. "I'll see you again, okay?"
"Okay. Bye mom,"
She give Wayne a little smile before heading out again.

"She's so lovely," Merinda said and took a seat next to her dad. "So, what are you doing?"
"I'm...just planning. I want to build a house and name it after your mother." He give her a smile that gave him an odd look. "Don't tell her, but I'm hoping that she might realise that even though things didn't work out, I still want her."
"Why did you break up?" She ask giving him an odd look.
"We got together too early. Things didn't work out," he replied and stood up heading towards the window. He look outside at Meredith that was on her way, but one of the other ladies got her attention. "I never spoke to her about it. Ever since we broke up, I stopped hunting and doing the things I loved to do."
Merind give him an odd look then look down at his plans.
Meredith gave a giggle and touch the woman's arm before heading off again to her secretive life.

"Meredith!"
She gave a scare on her way into her house.
"We have a crises," Jasmine, the dark haired witch said. "It's not good."

"Intruders?" She asked terrified and walk up and down worried. "Did they say anything about attacking the villagers?"
"No, they only said the woods is theirs," Jasmine replied. "That's a way to catch their food."
"I need to warn my family," she said looking at Sherley that came in.
"I'll protect them. Just stay here Meredith. If they find out hou have the blood that can heal, imagine what they'll do to you."
I nod my head and look at Jasmine that fold her arms.
"In the meanwhile. I'll let the other know to take it easy and come here less."
Meredith nod her head up and down in agreement looking at a picture she put on the wall. It's a picture of her being young and pregnant that Wayne drew for her.

"It's ironic," Meredith said with a sighed and fold her arms. "For years vampires, werewolves and witches could get along again. Now they're being turned against each other again and by what? Intruders."