Chapter 1

Colby's POV

Today is my first day at the new school. Its in Kansas. I already know my classes. 

1st Period: Chemistry

2nd Period: U.S. History

3rd Period: English 3

Lunch

4th Period: Study Hall

5th Period: Liberal Arts Math

6th Period: Band 2

It looks like I'll only enjoy the last class of the day. Today is the first day for everybody. Hopefully with classes like these I'll graduate early or barely have classes my senior year. I'm a sophomore & I'm taking Junior classes. Your probably wondering how. I'm actually really smart despite what others may think. I look at the clock. 6:30. I need to get going or I'll be late. I have to meet all my teachers before school. It starts at 7:40. I walked to my car & got in. I'm 16 so I have my license. I drove to the school which was only like 10 minutes. I got told where to park & headed inside. I decided to work backwards meeting my teachers so I'll end in my chemistry class & stay there. So I went to the band room first to meet the director. I walked inside. The band room is HUGE compared to my old school.

"Hello?" I spoke. A man almost as tall as me walked out from an officer in the corner of a room.

"Oh hi. You must be Mr. Brock. I'm Mr. James. What do you play?"

"Clarinet sir." He nodded.

"Everything else you need to know will be talked about today briefly. Then will will play to decide chair placements. I heard you are very good. DON'T HOLD BACK!"

"Yes sir." I walked out and realized I had study hall. I went to my other classes & I was sitting in the chemistry room. My teacher Mr. Wilkinson looked at me. Then his watch.

"You realize you have another 10 or so minutes till you have to be here correct Mr. Brock?"

"Yes sir. But I just moved here so I don't know anybody yet. But I do have a question. Where do I go for study hall? There is no room number."

"Um. Let me see you schedule." I handed it to him. "You can go to the band room. Most band kids do at that time to practice before class because he doesn't have a class at that time." I nodded.

"Thank you sir." I sat where my assigned seat was. I looked to see who would be next to me. Samuel Golbach. He sounds like a cool guy I guess. After about 8 1/2 minutes the bell rang  telling everyone to go to class. I seen a lot of different people walk in. Prep, goth, emo, athletes, snobs who act normal, normal people who act like snobs, so on & so forth. Hmm, this is new. Some blonde walked in wearing a biker jacket. Everyone stopped to stare at him. When my blue eyes meet his brown ones I was lost. He stopped to stare at me as well. Was this really love? Will I become the outcast again for being gay?

"Mr. Golbach!" The teacher yelled snapping us out of our gaze. "Take your seat." He sat down. He kept on 'sneaking' glances at me. The teacher droned on & on about rules & expectations for the school year. I tried so hard to focus on what he was saying but his eyes where staring into my soul & I wanted to know this person. When the bell rang I frantically tried to gather my stuff. As I went to pick up my book a different hand slammed it down.

"So you new?" He spoke.

 "Yeah." I said quietly.

(TERRIBLE CRINGE WARNING RIGHT HERE!!!!!)

"Names Samuel Golbach but you can call me tonight!" I looked at him.

"What the fu....."

"I'm joking. You can call me Sam. Everyone does." He said sound alot nicer then before.

"I'm Colby. Colby Brock." He nodded. I pulled out my schedule to check what my next class was when Sam ripped it from my hand.

"Oh hey! We have all the same classes together. Lets go." I nodded & followed Sam. We walked in silence until he spoke. "What do you play?"

"What?" I asked confused.

"Your schedule has band. What do you play?"

"Oh clarinet." I rubbed the back of my neck.

"Cool. I play sax." He said smiling.

"Nice."

"Okay here is our next hour of torture." He said turning towards me & walking backwards into the classroom. This class didn't have assigned seat. But we had nothing to do so we just talked & got to know each other. It was really nice talking to him but it was hard to keep my secret from him. I wonder how it would feel to kiss those perfect pink lips.

"Colby Brock?" The teacher called out.

"Yes ma'am?"

"Your wanted in guidance. Sam will you show him the way please?"

"Sure. Come on." We walked out of the room. 

"Do you have any idea why I'm being called down here?"

"Probably so you know requirements & stuff to graduate senior year. They're probably different then your old school. Do you want me to stay with you?" He looked into my eyes.

"S-Sure. If they let you." I smiled.

"They should since we have the same classes & you don't know your way around yet." I nodded. We walked in silence for a couple more minutes. "Well here we are." He opened the door. "After you." I walked in & laughed silently. A small women walked towards us.

"Hello Sam." Sam waved. "Are you Colby Brock?"

"Yes ma'am." I spoke quickly.

"Well go ahead & come with me. Sam you can stay if you'd like this isn't going to be something personal." I froze. She knows.