Chapter 3

Sam's POV

I can't believe he just said he loves me. Did I hear him right?

"W-What?" I stuttered.

"I love you Sam." He repeated.

"I love you too Colby." I quickly kissed his cheek making sure nobody seen. "Will you go out with me Colby Brock?"

"Yes Samuel Golbach." He smiled. That smile was beautiful. The perfectly straight white teeth. The perfect swoop of his perfect hair. His perfect blue eyes. Everything about Colby was perfect. I just want to hold him & kiss him.

Colby's POV

Wow. So I just move here, I already told someone I love him & I have a boyfriend. Wow. After the bell rang we went to band class. We were told we were starting the placement tests with clarinets. Mr. James went to his office & poked his head out.

"Mr. Brock. You'll go first." I grabbed the music & went in the room.

"Okay I want to ask you a few questions first." I nodded. "So, how long have you played?"

"Um, 6th grade. When I was 12 all I ever had to do was practice. After my homework & stuff."

"Okay. I want you to know before I ask the next question, your the only one being questioned." I nodded again. "Can your parents come on for a meeting?"

"No sir. My parents live out of state." He looked at me for a minute then shrugged & looked away.

"Okay. Go ahead & play the piece I gave you." I nodded & started to play. I zoned out completely as I played. I kept a steady tempo & played my heart out. I even had my eyes closed for most of it. As soon as I finished I looked at Mr. James. He was very surprised. "Your a sophomore correct?"

"Yes sir."

"How many instruments can you play?" He asked.

"A lot. I'm working on string instruments now. I've already mastered all wind instruments & percussion. I also play piano."

"Well you played this 100% correct. You play perfectly on every instrument we have & more. Mr. Brock your 1st chair clarinet & our drum major!"

"Thank you sir."

"Wait, can you conduct?"

"I was conducting for Sam earlier during our study hall when I was helping him." He stood up & walked to the door.

"Golbach! Come here please." He put his sax down & came over.

"Was Mr. Brock good at conducting for you today?"

"Yes sir."

"Well, congratulate your new drum major."

"Oh man. Congrats man." I nodded as a way of saying thank you & walked out of the office. After our test we were aloud to pack up & chill. I went over to Sam to make sure he wasn't struggling. After my test most of them went by fairly quick. Until one girl. She started screaming near the end of her test. Something along the lines of 'YOU CAN'T DO THIS' & 'THATS IT I QUIT!' She then stormed out of the band room. What was her deal? I shrugged it off & then Sam was called in for his test. He went in & came back out soon after.

"How did you do? You played it perfectly I hope." He nodded & explained he wouldn't know until tomorrow. We ended up sitting & talking till the bell. We both went right back to the guidance. When we walked in there was 2 women in there. One I didn't recognize.