Chapter 14

Colby's POV

Sam was being really cute when we woke up this morning. Hes really excited to get home & see Becca & Chloe. I was driving down the road & we were sitting in a comfortable silence when Sam dramatically sighed.

"What?" I asked not taking my eyes off the road.

"I don't know. Just bored I guess." He said looking out the window.

"Well we'll be home in a few minutes." I said putting my hand on his thigh. We finally pulled into the driveway & I put the car in park & removed the key from the ignition slot. I looked at Sam & he sadly smiled at me. "Hey? Whats wrong?" I asked concerned about the sadness in his eyes. 

"I'm not sure." He wouldn't look at me. I cupped his face forcing him to face me. He wouldn't make eye contact though.

"Sam. Look at me." He looked up & a few tears slid down his cheeks. I wiped them away with my thumbs. "Tell me whats wrong. You were so happy before we left."

"I don't know. Whenever we pulled up I got really sad." He said looking away after saying it.

"Do you want to go somewhere else?" I asked just wanting him to be happy again.

"Yeah but Mom wants us home & the girls are here." He sighed again. 

"If you want to leave at any point let me know & we can go somewhere." He nodded. I kissed him briefly before we climbed out of the car &walked inside.

"Hey boys! How was your night?" Ms. Golbach came in the room from the living room.

"Long. Stressful. Crazy. I can'even make words." Sam mumbled hugging her. She then hugged me as well & we went into our rooms to put our stuff away, shower, & change. Sam was showering in his bathroom & I went into the guest bathroom & showered. After I finished I went into my bedroom & got dressed. I went into Sam's room. His shower was still running. But it sounded like it was hitting the same spot. Like nothing was in the stream of the the water. Curiously I knocked on the door.

"Sam? You okay?" He didn't answer. "Sam!?" I asked again. I heard light sobs. I opened the door & seen Sam sitting on his shower floor crying. I wrapped him in a hug despite him being soaking wet. He was curled in a ball with his knees to his chest looking at the same spot.

"It happened right there." He said not moving his eyes from the spot.

"Its okay Sammy. Take a deep breathe." He finally stopped crying & was more relaxed now. His breathing was still a little staggered. I grabbed his towel that was hanging on the hook next to his shower & helped him out of the shower. He got dressed in some sweats & a white t-shirt. "You're okay Sam." I said as he leaned against me while we sat on his bed. I went & changed my shirt since it was now soaked. I put on a black t-shirt & went back into Sam's room. He was shaking & his breathing was still pretty staggered.

"Are you boys coming out?" Ms. Golbach walked in seeing Sam panicking. "What happened?" She asked kneeling in front of him.

"He was in the shower & I think he had a panic attack." I said rubbing his back. He was staring blankly at the floor.

"I-I'm fine." He mumbled before snapping out of his daze.

"Do you want to see the girls for a few minutes then you can rest?" She asked placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Sure." We walked out the bedroom & into the living room where the girls were.

"SAMMY!" Becca yelled & hugged him.

"COLBY!" Chloe yelled & hugged me. We picked them up & I seen Sam smiling & laughing. His laughter is my favorite song. After what ended up being a few hours the girls had to go home. They got to meet Alison & Ben as well. I guess you could say its been an interesting day. Sam seemed so much calmer after seeing the girls.

"Are you okay Sam?" Ms. Golbach asked now that everything had calmed down.

"Yeah. I just seen the spot in the bathroom where everything happened & I broke." He explained.

"What do you boys want for dinner? We can order Chinese or pizza. I can go pick something up if you want." She said.

"I kinda want Subway." Sam said & I laughed. Even in the weirdest times he can think about food.

"Okay. Text me your orders & I'll take Ben & Alison with me." She said standing up & leaving the living room. Sam sent a text with both of our orders & she left with Ben & Alison. Sam & I had went back into his room & we were laying in his bed watching tv. His back was against my chest & he suddenly turned around. I looked at him confused for a minute & he started to kiss me. I decided to pull him on top of me & we got into a heated make-out session & everything was perfect.

"I..... love you...... so much.......... Sam." I said between kisses I was planting on his neck.

"I love you too Colbs." He said. I smiled against his neck when I sucked his sweet spot & he groaned. I flipped him on his back so I was now on top of  him. We both removed our shirts & his hands trailed up & down my chest. We were still kissing each other when we heard the door open & close. We got up & put our shirts back on. We walked into the kitchen to get our Subs & eat. We ate our subs talking to everyone. We looked like a big, happy, dysfunctional, family. We were laughing & joking around. I really wish my family had been like this. But if it had I wouldn't be with Sam & then I'd probably be depressed because of that.

"Colby, I forgot to tell you. Earlier I talked to my friends & they said if you still want your job you're welcome back." She said referring to the job I had before I went into the hospital for 2 months & sat in a different hospital for a month.

"That would be great." I said smiling at her. "Thank you."

"You start back tomorrow at 3 then!" She smiled.

After we all ate we went back to our own rooms to sleep. Sam came into my room & just stood in the door frame.

"Everything okay?" I asked concerned.

"Yeah. I was just coming to see you." He said.

"Do you want to sleep in here tonight?" I asked knowing thats what he really wanted.

"Please." He said. I scooted over so he could get in the bed with me. "Its gonna get better Sammy." I whispered kissing the top of his head. He just nodded. I then started to think. If I wanted to make it to work on time, rest before going in, & spend time with Sam ahead of time I needed to wake up at like 9 in the morning. I turned my light off & pulled Sam closer. He got into his normal position with his face in the crook of my neck & I had my arms wrapped around him. I feel asleep fairly quick because I always felt it easy to fall asleep knowing Sam was safe in my arms.